Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 07:52 AM   #1
alexxx
Connoisseur
alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alexxx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
DX outdoors usage

Hi people,
I'm starting to consider buying the DX - I was almost decided for the Irex DR800, but Irex decided instead to go broke.

If you would like to share your experience, I need to know how confortable it is to take it around everywhere you go - as I always did with my beloved Sony505.
Share your experience, be it walking around, on your bicycle, outdoors, jogging, etc

Of course I ask 'cause at first I was not planning in buying such a big item!

alessandro
alexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:40 AM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
It is considerably bigger, so I don't think I'd take it jogging or cycling (although you can easily carry it in a backpack, if those are just methods of transportation).

Reading outdoors, however, is a breeze.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 11:52 AM   #3
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
I take mine everywhere... I'm in Mazatlan right now... Reading in the bright sunshine.. fiercely bright tropical 'omg its great' sun.. I got the patagonia bag and the trendy digital waterproof bag with the double closures... Great. I let it float in the pool at times. all day.. reading and so on... I have no iussues with the size except for one. I love the size! all that extra real estate is so much more enjoyable than the sony reader. Gotta go to the pool now!
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
alexxxm
Addict
alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.alexxxm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket; Hiebook; N700; Sony 505; Kindle DX ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
Gotta go to the pool now!
oh you lucky bastard
alexxxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #5
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Hopefully this works.

[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I know I know.... I'm cruel hearted....

Last edited by Roy White; 06-14-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 01:48 AM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
very...
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Hm... I've seen this picture before! I'm not quite positive though if it's really a KDX.
Fake!
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:00 AM   #8
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboss View Post
I'm not quite positive though if it's really a KDX.
Fake!
What? Why? It really looks like a KDX, measures, even the header on the page, why do you think it won't be a KDX
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #9
Roy White
Evangelist

Jealousy is an ugly taskmaster.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #10
BVLarson
Author
BVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
Roy, that is a great picture. I'm such a cheapskate, all I do is put mine in a ziplock when I head out to the pool.
BVLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVLarson View Post
Roy, that is a great picture. I'm such a cheapskate, all I do is put mine in a ziplock when I head out to the pool.
I'll do the ziplock in the tub, but if I were to go into a pool with it, I'd want the big guns like he has
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:01 AM   #12
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
I just ordered this one and i think it will be just perfect, floating by itself with some nice drink at the pool bar. Really badly looking forward now to my vacation trip
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	K2.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	53629  
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:17 AM   #13
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
@Roy,

you are a look-a-like for George Baker... a Dutch musician.
You probably know him from "Little Green Bag", as made famous by the movie Reservoir Dogs
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 12:26 PM   #14
Roy White
Evangelist

Cheapskate? I'm with you on that one but the Trendy Digital bag was 16 bucks on Amazon. I know people who get coffee at starbucks at 4.50 a shot, then buy a muffin or something and spend 7.23. Every day. Yesterday I read all day in the pool. Had quite a few funny looks and comments. Sold at least two Kindles though. My nose is sunburnt today. Destination. Mazatlans Golden Zone to do some ATV riding. I love vacations.

George Baker. Never heard of him.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:19 PM   #15
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
Jealousy is an ugly taskmaster.
Lol come on Roy, I was just kidding. Nice picture!
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote