Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-15-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
The-eBook-Reader
Groupie
The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: All
Sony PRS-600 Listed At $100 [Selling Error Now Corrected]

Hi folks,

I happened to notice something odd while updating my blog this morning.

The Sony PRS-600 is selling for just $100 with free shipping from Borders.com. No, seriously. It must be some kind of error, but that's what it says.

Last edited by The-eBook-Reader; 05-19-2010 at 02:15 PM.
The-eBook-Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Wow! Wished I needed one but I love my 505.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #3
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Maybe they are fixing it now. When I try to add it to my cart it says "This feature is temporarily unavailable."
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
That's crazy; guess hubby, who doesn't read anywhere as much as I do, will get one for father's day!
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:16 AM   #5
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I tried putting one (the red one) in my cart and it shows up fine at $100. Surely an error, though. Not likely to be honored.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Fixed now. Try $299 on for size.

Don
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #7
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Fixed now. Try $299 on for size.

Don
Weird; I just ordered one from the UK ($8.98 shipping) for the $100 price. Accepted the order fine, seemingly.

I'll see what happens and let you know.

I am happy with the 505, but if I really can get one for about £80 I'm happy to do so!

Edit: 20 minutes after Don's post and still showing at $100 as far as I can see (all colours).

Last edited by Bilbo1967; 05-15-2010 at 09:36 AM.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:38 AM   #8
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Weird; I just ordered one from the UK ($8.98 shipping) for the $100 price. Accepted the order fine, seemingly.

I'll see what happens and let you know.

I am happy with the 505, but if I really can get one for about £80 I'm happy to do so!

Edit: 20 minutes after Don's post and still showing at $100 as far as I can see (all colours).
Yep, same here. Get it while you can!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	51587  
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #9
jonesc42
jonesc42 began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Purchased the red one for $100, free shipping.

I figured I'd just test it to see what happens, and the transaction went through.

I'll let you all know if Borders e-mails me to ask for it back, but I'd say get 'em while they're hot!
jonesc42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
UPDATE:

They added to their site: "Your Price $100"

FOLKS, if this is one you want: YOU SHOULD BUY IT NOW!

Added: And free shipping, too!

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-15-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #11
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I sure hope this is for real. Feels like a Woot-off!
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #12
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
Thanks OP!! I ordered one, one hundred bucks is the sweet spot hehe!
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #13
The-eBook-Reader
Groupie
The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.The-eBook-Reader is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: All
I couldn't resist. I placed an order too, one of each. We'll see what happens. I noticed the cover is half price at $14.99 but they only have brown for the 600, unfortunately.
The-eBook-Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:19 AM   #14
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
I just picked up the red one. Seemed to go through fine. Really, I expect to get a follow up email stating it all was an error.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #15
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Okay, after sitting here thinking it has to be a pricing mistake that they won't honor, and that I can't afford it now, and that I don't need another reader just 1 inch bigger, I went ahead and ordered (the red) one, and the order went through with no problems. Order confirmation e-mail arrived quickly. Only question is if it will be honored.

If I do end up getting it and decide I don't want it, I'm sure that I'd be able to resell it used for a big profit over the $100 new price.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote