Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-07-2009, 11:18 AM   #1936
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Gunhill Road - Back WHen My Hair Was Short

RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #1937
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Rainbow 'Stargazer'

Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2009, 06:50 PM   #1938
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
Just heard the new single from the up-coming album today, and I think it bodes well.

Fever Ray, Regina Spektor, Tom McRae, Kent, Rammstein, Muse and Raveonnettes + up coming concerts with Kraftwerk, Rammstein and Tom McRae.... This is turning into a great year for music of my taste I think.
Laz116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #1939
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Rancid - Old Friend

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:39 PM   #1940
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

On a NoFX kick:

NoFX - Drugs are Good

NoFX - Don't Call Me White

NoFX - Leaving Jesusland

Advert
Old 08-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #1941
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

You're really into that old school type of punk, Moejoe. I think it has charm, but I also think it's quite one-dimensional.

Maybe I just like more introspective stuff, I don't know.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:57 PM   #1942
Moejoe
Banned

I'm not really sure what you want from hardcore punk, but in the case of NoFX they're So-Cal and pretty much an ironic band and not one-dimensional at all.

Edit: seems like you're looking not inward, but outward to the avant garde and experimental. If I'm right, then there's no better band than The Fall:

Last edited by Moejoe; 08-07-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #1943
Laz116
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
I'm not really sure what you want from hardcore punk, but in the case of NoFX they're So-Cal and pretty much an ironic band and not one-dimensional at all.

Edit: seems like you're looking not inward, but outward to the avant garde and experimental. If I'm right, then there's no better band than The Fall:

I think punk is interesting on one level and annoying on another. I think the energy and the negation is interesting. But on the other hand I think the negation only seem to work on a much to elaborate level. Most often punk just chooses to be the opposite of everything. Making jokes of the establishment and so forth. But they don't really attack anything at a fundamental structural level, but only at a superficial political level. Thus in essence they become a part of the same binary logic that constitutes the very hierarchy they oppose. It's too simplifying imo.

And you're wrong about the avantgarde-thing, I think... didn't like the Fall very much. It's actually much worse. I'm a darn romantic at heart. Weltschmerz and Spleen all over the place

It may very well have something to do with my own musical short comings. I have had no intentions of offending your music taste. On the contrary, I am intrigued and a little bit revolted at the same time.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #1944
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz116 View Post

It may very well have something to do with my own musical short comings. I have had no intentions of offending your music taste. On the contrary, I am intrigued and a little bit revolted at the same time.
No offence taken Although you did post a U2 video, which are one of the bands I most despise in the world, along with REM and ABBA
Old 08-07-2009, 08:36 PM   #1945
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Scala & Kolacny Brothers - Creep (Radiohead Cover)

Language warning this song is faithful to the original.

Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #1946
Laz116
Guru

Quote:
No offence taken Although you did post a U2 video, which are one of the bands I most despise in the world, along with REM and ABBA
ha ha... Actually I don't like very much of U2 either... but just to annoy you:

I have a friend, who is a big REM fan, so I'm indoctrinated. As long as it's not Everybody Hurts.

Abba speaks for themselves. I don't feel like defending them anyway.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:45 PM   #1947
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
t.A.T.u.- Zachem Ya

Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:46 PM   #1948
Laz116
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Scala & Kolacny Brothers - Creep (Radiohead Cover)

Language warning this song is faithful to the original.

The original is great. Why the cover?

Old 08-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #1949
Moejoe
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz116 View Post
ha ha...

I have a friend, who is a big REM fan, so I'm indoctrinated. As long as it's not Everybody Hurts.

Abba speaks for themselves. I don't feel like defending them anyway.

If I ever hear Shiny Happy People again I might go insane

Currently still on a punk kick

Dead Kennedys - California Uber Alles

Old 08-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #1950
Laz116
Guru

Quote:
If I ever hear Shiny Happy People again I might go insane
Oh yeah... that was indeed a big letdown in aevery possible way. especially after Losing my religion.

Ah the Dead Kennedys. I actually like them for some reason.

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)