Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Too much of a good thing

Just today I got about 30 notices from EreaderIQ about price drops of books I wanted. And I've been trying to only buy a new book once I've finished at least one or more of my TBR books. Don't know if my will power will hold out. For now I'll add them to my mailbox folder of price drops and try to read faster.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
Beware: one of the notices I got, the book was actually 10+ dollars, instead of the 8.39 the email said. I had to return it, since I didn't notice it until after I had already bought it.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
The price drops can disappear quickly. Better to go to the ereaderiq site and look at your most recent drops and see if the price has gone up since the emails came out.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #4
medgirl2001
medgirl2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Agency pricing for Penguin and Random House ended yesterday, and there have been a ton of price drops. Prices on some books went up again, though I haven't seen anything go up to its agency price. eReader IQ has been busy - so busy I never even got emails for several of my price drops.
medgirl2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:42 AM   #5
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Typically, if something (books, games, movies, etc.) goes on sale once, it'll go on sale soon again. While it's super tempting and the desire to not miss out, there will never be a shortage of sales for books you might enjoy.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by medgirl2001 View Post
Agency pricing for Penguin and Random House ended yesterday, and there have been a ton of price drops. Prices on some books went up again, though I haven't seen anything go up to its agency price. eReader IQ has been busy - so busy I never even got emails for several of my price drops.
Agency pricing actually ended some time ago. It is just a matter of when each bookstore gets its new contracts with the various publishers in place. Penguin has been Kobo-code eligible for over a month (since mid-July). Yesterday Amazon's new contracts must have gone into effect.

Nice to see so many sales though.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #7
Grace Elliot
Groupie
Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grace Elliot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Even if books are discounted - you have to watch how much the bulk buying adds up to (as I'm sure you're aware) I had one of those 'moments' recently where I realised if I bought the Kindle Daily Deal every day for a month, that added up to 30 GBP - amazing how those small purchases all add up.
Grace Elliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #8
medgirl2001
medgirl2001 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Agency pricing actually ended some time ago. It is just a matter of when each bookstore gets its new contracts with the various publishers in place. Penguin has been Kobo-code eligible for over a month (since mid-July). Yesterday Amazon's new contracts must have gone into effect.

Nice to see so many sales though.
Yes, I meant ended in the sense that Amazon can set pricing rather than the "price set by the publisher" business.
medgirl2001 is offline   Reply With Quote