Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
aeolus
aeolus began at the beginning.

Device: none
Buying a reader from a "far" country

Hello everyone,

I am a university student, who live in Turkey. I don't know if I open this thread in the right section, but I thought that one can only got the question "which one I should buy?" after he/she actually "can" have a chance to buy an ebook reader.

In my country, amazon or other dealers(sony, barnes and noble) don't have e-book reader branches. Also, because of low rates of book reading, it seems it's quite impossible to one company will invest on. But there are a huge amount of people-mostly students like me- who need an e-book reader. But because, my country is not a competitive area for sellers, we only can reach readers with very over-rated moneys. For example a man an sell old amazon kindle (kindle 1) from nearly 300,- Euro.

My only wish is that is it not possible for this site, that someone over there, who can reach those devices witihin fair prices help us about this. I am not quite sure it is against the principles of this site but, in my humble opininon, it is social duty for a site that grew huge and become a "masterpiece" like this one.

Also, this offerings can be made for earning some extra money for you over there, but I know no matter how high profit you add the selling price before sending them to us, you can't even get closer to the prices in my country. Besides because most models are under 350,- Euro -which is the limit for a property that can enter in my country without customs tariff- and there are no place or branches that sell this devices it is totally legal.

What are your opinions and advices about this?
(btw. sorry if my English is not good enough.)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-10-2010 at 07:08 AM. Reason: OP has moved
aeolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, aeolus.

Someone will sign in soon to answer your question. Your English is fine...
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #3
Ronny
Ronny began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo,cybook gen3
I ordered my Kobo at Borders.com.I payed €123 shipment included.
Didn't have to pay any taxes in my country.6" ereaders costs easily twice as much over here.
I can buy books from the kobo store but you can easily put content on it via USB.
Ronny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #4
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeolus View Post
350,- Euro -which is the limit for a property that can enter in my country without customs tariff-
Nope. Limit is €150. I just checked from the government web site. But you are right. I bought my Nook for €220.

There is a ebook (only ePubs with embedded fonts) and ereader store in Turkey. But their cheapest model, which is a Cybook Opus, is sold for €270 and they sell Hanlin V5s for €300.

Last edited by GERGE; 09-09-2010 at 11:39 AM.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #5
jee
Enthusiast
jee began at the beginning.

Device: enTourage eDGe
I live in Central Europe and I understand your position very well. You can always try getting a reader from our Flea market, that's how I got my new reader .
jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #6
v1k1ng1001
Addict
v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 620
I think what we need is a retailer willing to ship to Turkey for a fair price.
v1k1ng1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:36 PM   #7
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
aeolus, if you are interested in one of PocketBook, we can ship to Turkey. Please feel free to email me at info@ereaders-plus.com if you have any questions.
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote