Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-19-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
David Derrico
Connoisseur
David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 & Kobo Wireless
Right Ascension and Declination, sci-fi novels now just 99 cents each

Greetings, book lovers...

My name is David Derrico, and I am an author who just joined your ranks when I was shocked to receive a Kindle 2 as a surprise birthday present a couple of weeks ago. Since then, I've been active over on KindleBoards and was recently referred over here. The rapid developments in eBooks and e-reader technology have been very exciting for me... I've been waiting many years for eBooks to take off, and it seems the time is finally here. I definitely know that I love my Kindle!

I have written two novels, which are available in paperback and for the Kindle. I recently started a grand experiment where I slashed the prices down to just 99 cents each. I consider it my small way of supporting the eBook revolution and getting the books out there to allow more people to afford them and hopefully enjoy them.

My novels are science fiction, and they tend to appeal to sophisticated readers who aren't afraid to digest some philosophical undertones along with their action and adventure. The novels are character-driven, and they invite readers to ponder difficult ethical dilemmas and question their own notions of fairness, honor, and the nature of justice. They ask the question: "What if mankind had to choose between honor ... and its very survival?"

Fans of Timothy Zahn or David Weber might hopefully appreciate Right Ascension and its sequel, Declination. There are reviews and excerpts available on both Amazon and Smashwords, as well as my own website, www.rightascension.com. I am always eager to hear from readers and welcome any honest reviews—good or bad—of my work.

Thanks again for listening, and please feel free to chat or ask me anything that's on your mind. The Amazon and Smashwords links to my novels are below.

- David

Right Ascension | Declination

Smashwords:
Right Ascension | Declination

Last edited by David Derrico; 05-15-2010 at 07:24 PM.
David Derrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 03:47 AM   #2
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Welcometo Mobileread!

There are many people (like myself) who don't own Kindles, but rather a myriad of other reading devices. For them it might be better to provide links for ePub versions of your books.

I found your book listings on Smashwords and see that they are available in various formats (including ePub) over there. So for those that might find it useful here's the links to Smashwords:

Right Ascension
Declination
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:15 AM   #3
David Derrico
Connoisseur
David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Derrico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks - sorry for accidentally being so Kindle-centric! (Like I said, I just got a Kindle and have been hanging out at Kindleboards mainly.) But yes, my novels are available through Smashwords in all the formats they offer, and also on my own website (the automatic download is in PDF format, but once you purchase the eBook, just shoot me an email requesting whatever format you would like). I do strive to make the novels available in any format anyone might like to read them in (ePub, LRF, PDB, etc.).

Thanks again for setting me straight!
Old 12-20-2009, 06:05 AM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I, also, found them on smashwords and added them to my cart. Thank you!

You may want to go back to your first post and add in the Smashwords link to make it easy for other members.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:46 AM   #5
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Welcome David, and best of luck with your novels, I'll be sure to check them out as soon as I get some time to spare!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:42 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome to MR.

Enjoy!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 08:06 AM   #7
JRM34857
Enthusiast
JRM34857 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 / Kindle 3 / Nook Touch
Picked up the pair at Smashwords! Good luck!
JRM34857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:13 AM   #8
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Hi David welcome,

Went over to Smashwords and found that I've already got them on my Library with a few others waiting to be bought, I'll buy them after xmas
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:31 PM   #9
David Derrico
Connoisseur

Thanks for the very warm welcome, and for those of you who took a chance on my books. I do appreciate it, and I certainly hope you enjoy them! I'd love to hear what you think.

I added in the Smashwords links to the original post, as you suggested.

It is truly encouraging to find so many avid readers... I feared that we were a dying breed. Most people I know don't want to read anything longer than 140 characters these days....
Old 12-21-2009, 06:16 AM   #10
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Derrico View Post
... Most people I know don't want to read anything longer than 140 characters these days....

I'd but unfortunately it's true!
Old 01-13-2010, 01:44 AM   #11
David Derrico
Connoisseur

Just a quick update to let you know that Right Ascension is finally up on Barnes & Noble, in addition to Amazon and Smashwords.

I'd also like to thank everyone who's given my novels a try, I do very much appreciate the support from the MobileRead community. I just went over 100 sales for the month of January, which I know isn't setting any records, but is very exciting for me. I do hope you're enjoying them.

Speaking of Barnes & Noble, I actually finally got to play with a Nook last week and came away impressed, especially compared to the awful reviews I had read. It seems the software update solved many of the issues people were having. There are still some things I like better about the Kindle, but it looks like the Nook will be a good competitor and will hopefully force both companies to improve their products even more.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:38 AM   #12
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Derrico View Post
..There are still some things I like better about the Kindle, but it looks like the Nook will be a good competitor and will hopefully force both companies to improve their products even more.
Congrats on the novel. As far as improvements. There's really not much I don't like about my Sony 505. I just don't want to see them "improved" to the point that they are overcomplicated and unusable.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #13
David Derrico
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Congrats on the novel. As far as improvements. There's really not much I don't like about my Sony 505. I just don't want to see them "improved" to the point that they are overcomplicated and unusable.
I'm sure there will be (already are) plenty of devices that try to do too much before the technology is there. But there will also be devices that "get it" and do what we want and no more, and are better devices for it.

The last few days have been pretty exciting for me -- Right Ascension recently climbed into the Top 20 in the Science Fiction category, and into the Top 1,000 of the Kindle Store overall!

Last edited by David Derrico; 01-22-2010 at 01:16 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:29 AM   #14
David Derrico
Connoisseur

I was just wondering if anyone has read the novels and has any comments or questions?

I'd also like to sincerely thank everyone who has purchased them or who has helped tell a friend and spread the word. If you had told me I'd have over 1,000 sales so far in 2010, I wouldn't have believed you. I hope you've enjoyed the novels as much as I've enjoyed seeing so many people read them!
Old 02-11-2010, 04:08 AM   #15
AFK_Matrix
Sci Fi Addict :)
AFK_Matrix doesn't litterAFK_Matrix doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Hi David,

I have purchased both of the books and they are on my list of books to be read, unfortunetly I have a long list lol. I really am gonna have to learn how to speed read lol. As soon as I have read them though I will put a review up on Smashwords for you.
AFK_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
99 cents, bargain, ebooks, kindle, sci-fi