Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 09:52 AM   #16
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
retrying 1 day later - metadata for "I robot" took 60 secs to find, given title & author to work with.
I've got a moderately older computer. I tried "I robot" with title only and with title/author. I did it multiple times each way. The fastest was 6 seconds, the longest was 13 seconds (about 13:30 GMT). Actual retrieval of data, once selected was a few seconds.

Quote:
I also find that once multiple metadata sources have been found, then the the business of hovering over each found entry with the mouse, in order to see which has the best summary can be slow to change. I assume it's meant to work via hovering ?
Yes, it changes when hovering.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:22 AM   #17
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I've got a moderately older computer. I tried "I robot" with title only and with title/author. I did it multiple times each way. The fastest was 6 seconds, the longest was 13 seconds (about 13:30 GMT). Actual retrieval of data, once selected was a few seconds.

I reckon it's due to server load & search speed then, not to do with speed of our PCs or connections.
I repeated my test on I,robot. - with the ISBN already known it took 4 secs. with ISBN removed leaving just title & author - 24 seconds. ( 6 options found)
with title only - other flelds blanked - 37 seconds.
then with ISBN replaced - as a final control check - 4 seconds.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert