Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-07-2008, 07:06 AM   #61
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
Those thumbs belong to Porkupan, not me

This should go without saying, but anyway, I'd feel most comfortable working with a single-localization main.xml that Porkupan has vetted or created. Localization is his baby, all I've done is merge his work into PRSCustomizer.
I know, but I was referring to the attitude. Porkupan is doing a great favor to all of us "Outsiders".
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:24 AM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffElkins View Post
Those thumbs belong to Porkupan, not me

This should go without saying, but anyway, I'd feel most comfortable working with a single-localization main.xml that Porkupan has vetted or created. Localization is his baby, all I've done is merge his work into PRSCustomizer.
I'd like to suggest having two at one time. English and whatever else the user selects. That way, you can have the reader as it originally was and as you want it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2008, 01:34 PM   #63
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'd like to suggest having two at one time. English and whatever else the user selects. That way, you can have the reader as it originally was and as you want it.
English is the default and built-in. Localization adds extra languages.

Last edited by JeffElkins; 09-17-2008 at 01:11 PM.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 12:04 AM   #64
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
(1) Added Bulgarian and (2) made some rather important fixes for the Russian letter book sorting. I also (3) incorporated Damas's Lithuanian translation, which seemed a bit more thorough than the one from stasys.

As far as paring down the locales. It is really very simple as the locales are limited to:
main.xml
(1) The switch statement that switches between locales when pushing the number 1 in the About screen. This can be easily cut to only do English and one locale - this way there will be no annoying switching through many languages. If this code is pared down, the rest of the locale-specific code is harmless and can stay as is. In fact, in PRSCustomizer you could make checkbox-type selection of included locales, and enable the ones selected, while the rest of them just cannot be activated (although the locale-specific code is still present in the firmware).
(2) The if/else sequence, where I set some variables to be used as messages
(3) The 2 long JS functions per locale parsing Titles and Menu items.
(4) The getTitle, where we call getTitleXx
(5) The getValue, where we call getValueXx

in starageMain.xml there is one if/else sequence.

The JS code is rather primitive, should be very easy to understand.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Localize_Reader_En_Fr_Es_De_It_Ru_Pl_Uk_Cz_Nl_Hr_Lt_Bg.zip (242.5 KB, 417 views)
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:23 PM   #65
Jeeves
Jeeves has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS 505
Thanks a lot, porkupan
Jeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2008, 07:26 PM   #66
buzic
buzic began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-505
porkupan - is it possible to add romanian localization? I can translate everything in the next couple days and post it for you
buzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:36 PM   #67
buzic

and say me please, how read the romanian book?
Old 09-10-2008, 03:19 AM   #68
mulderfox
mulderfox began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Hebrew Support?

Can you add hebrew support? not just for the menu but most importantly - hebrew font support so the reader can read hebrew documents.

thanks!
mulderfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #69
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzic View Post
and say me please, how read the romanian book?
I don't know for sure, but I think you should be able to read books in Romanian (in Unicode) if you install Cyrillic-Eastern European fonts. You can do it with the help of PRSCustomizer.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #70
porkupan
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulderfox View Post
Can you add hebrew support? not just for the menu but most importantly - hebrew font support so the reader can read hebrew documents.
Hebrew, I believe, would be hard to implement, because to the best of my knowledge the Sony firmware does not support rendering fonts from right to left. I may be wrong about it, but a while ago we tried making LRF files in Hebrew and the characters were consistently rendered from left to right, which is incorrect.

The Reader supports Hebrew PDFs, so the language is not completely unusable in the device, but the native format (LRF) and the menu system (tinyhttp) probably cannot be easily fixed to support Hebrew.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #71
buzic

Respected porkupan I should combine 3 languages Russian, Romanian and English, prompt as it to make.
I not so know English therefore difficult to understand as well as what to make.

In advance I thank
Old 09-18-2008, 02:50 AM   #72
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Just a heads up, I'll be translating the text listed in the first post of this thread into Swedish and Finnish over the weekend and post it here. What better way to use my spare time on an extended weekend cruise LOL
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:17 AM   #73
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
As far as paring down the locales. It is really very simple
I have single-language selection working, but I need to do cleanup and testing.
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:19 PM   #74
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BTW, both Finnish and Swedish also use the DD.MM.YYYY date format

Finnish
// Titles
”Kirjat nimekkeen mukaan”
”Kirjat tekijän mukaan”
”Kirjat päiväyksen mukan”
”Kokoelmat”
”Kaikki kirjanmerkit”
”Audio”
”Kuvat”
”Asetukset”
”Historia”
”Kirjanmerkit”
”Sisällysluettelo”
”Työkalut”
”Lisäasetukset”
”Suuntaus”
”Päiväys ja aika”
”Diaesitys”
”Lepotila”
”Tietoja Sony Readeristä”
”Palauta oletusasetukset”
”Lukitse lukija”
”Alusta sisäinen muisti”
”Sammuta lukija”

// Menu Items
”Jatka lukemista”
”Kirjat nimekkeen mukaan”
”Kirjat tekijän mukaan”
”Kirjat päiväyksen mukan”
”Kokoelmat”
”Kaikki kirjanmerkit”
”Nyt soi”
”Audio”
”Kuvat”
”Asetukset”
”Historia”
”Kirjanmerkit”
”Sisällysluettelo”
”Työkalut”
”Lisäasetukset”
”Suuntaus”
”Päiväys ja aika”
”Diaesitys”
”Lepotila”
”Lukitse lukija”
”Alusta sisäinen muisti”
”Sammuta lukija”
”Alku”
”Loppu”
”Tietoja”
”Poista kaikki kirjanmerkit”
”Tyhjennä historia”
”Poista kirja”
”Muuta”
”Tänään”
”Aikaisemmin tällä viikolla”
”Viime viikolla”
”Aikaisemmin tässä kuussa”
”Viime kuussa”
”Aikaisemmin tällä neljänneksellä”
”Viime neljänneksellä”
”Aikaisemmn tänä vuonna”
”Viime vuonna”
”Vanhemmat”
”Ei sivua”
”Ei kohdetta”
”Ei laulua”
”Ei kirjanmerkkiä”
”Ei kirjaa”
”Ei kokoelmaa”
”Ei kuvaa”
”Ei työkalua”
”1 sivu”
”1 kohde”
”1 laulu”
”1 kirjanmerkki”
”1 kirja”
”1 kokoelma”
”1 kuva”
”1 työkalu”
”N sivua”
”N kohdetta”
”N laulua”
”N kirjanmerkkiä”
”N kirjaa”
”N kokoelmaa”
”N kuvaa”
”N työkalua”
”N asetusta”
”Muuta”
”Pystysuoraan”
”Vaakasuoraan”
”Pois”
”Päällä”

// Miscellaneous strings
”Sammuta lukija”
”X Y:stä”
”1 1:stä”
”Poista kirja”
”Alusta sisäinen muisti”
”Nyt soi”
”SIVU”
”Alhainen akun varaus!”
”Austaa...”
”Lataa...”

// USB Related strings
”USB yhdistetty”
”Älä kytke irti”
”Lukija lukittu”

Last edited by June; 09-22-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:20 PM   #75
June
Addict

Swedish
// Titles
”Böcker enligt titel”
”Böcker enligt författare”
”Böcker enligt datum”
”Samlingar”
”Alla bokmärken”
”Audio”
”Bilder”
”Inställningar”
”Historia”
”Bokmärken”
”Innehållsförteckning”
”Verktyg”
”Avancerade inställningar”
”Riktning”
”Datum och tid”
”Diashow”
”Viloläge”
”Om Sony Reader”
”Återställ ursprungsinställningar”
”Lås läsaren”
”Formatera interna minnet”
”Stäng av läsaren”

// Menu Items
”Fortsätt läsa”
”Böcker enligt titel”
”Böcker enligt författare”
”Böcker enligt datum”
”Samlingar”
”Alla bokmärken”
”Nu spelas”
”Audio”
”Bilder”
”Inställningat”
”Historia”
”Bokmärken”
”Innehållsförteckning”
”Verktyg”
”Avancerade inställningar”
”Riktning”
”Datum och tid”
”Diashow”
”Viloläge”
”Om Sony Reader”
”Lås läsaren”
”Stäng av läsaren”
”Börja”
”Slut”
”Info”
”Ta bort alla bokmärken”
”Töm historik”
”Ta bort boken”
”Annat”
”I dag”
”Tidigare denna vecka”
”Förra veckan”
”Tidigare denna månad”
”Förra månaden”
”Tidigare detta kvartal”
”Förra kvartalet”
”Tidigare detta år”
”Förra året”
”Äldre”
”Ingen sida”
”Inget objekt”
”Ingen sång”
”Inget bokmärke”
”Ingen bok”
”Ingen samling”
”Ingen bild”
”Inga verktyg”
”1 sida”
”1 artikel”
”1 sång”
”1 bokmärke”
”1 bok”
”1 samling”
”1 bild”
”1 verktyg”
”N sidor”
”N artiklar”
”N sånger”
”N bokmärken”
”N böcker”
”N samlinar”
”N bilder”
”N verktyg”
”N inställningar”
”Annat”
”Vertikal”
”Horisontell”
”Av”
”På”

// Miscellaneous strings
”Stäng av läsaren”
”Om Sony Reader”
”X av Y”
”1 av 1”
”Ta bort boken”
”Nu spelas”
”SIDA”
”Låg batterinivå!”
”Formaterar...”
”Laddar...”

// USB Related strings
”USB tillkopplad”
”Koppla ej ifrån”
”Läsaren låst”

Edit: typo in line 8 (inställningar)

Last edited by June; 10-22-2008 at 03:47 PM.