Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #31
J. Garrett
Enthusiast
J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, 6" E-Ink
Unfortunately not. I eventually realized that it was going to take far more work to fix up than I was willing to put into it. Too much of it just wasn't written at a level I felt comfortable in letting other people read [much less pay money for]. Maybe one day I'll get around to fixing it up, but I've been saying that for years now.
J. Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #32
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Garrett View Post
Unfortunately not. I eventually realized that it was going to take far more work to fix up than I was willing to put into it. Too much of it just wasn't written at a level I felt comfortable in letting other people read [much less pay money for]. Maybe one day I'll get around to fixing it up, but I've been saying that for years now.
I have that same problem with my 2009 NaNoWriMo. I wrote 50,028 words on it back then and still haven't gotten it mapped out properly or re-written. I've got it in scrivener so maybe one day I'll have it edited and in a publishable format.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #33
J. Garrett
Enthusiast
J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Garrett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, 6" E-Ink
At the end of the day, it was just easier and more fulfilling to take what I'd learned from all those mistakes and just write something entirely new. Lesson learned, move on.
J. Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote