Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Dodgechic49
Dodgechic49 began at the beginning.

Device: SSG2/kindle app
Where are the books I converted and loaded on device?

Hello. I am using a Samsung Galaxy tab2 with the pre-installed Kindle app. After I convert the book from epub to mobi and send to device, where does it go? It isn't showing up in the Kindle library when I launch the app. However, when I look at the Kindle folder on the tablet (via my pc) it shows the book with "epub". Any help is appreciated, thank you.
Dodgechic49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
It sounds like you are using Calibre?
You might be better off asking in the Calibre forum.
It sounds like you need to tell 'Send to device' to send mobi files rather than epub, which I imagine it defaults to.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #3
miki2
Connoisseur
miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7", Nexus 7 (2013),
You will almost certainly find the books in a sub directory of either /mnt/sdcard OR /mnt/extSdCard; i find that using FX file explorer (http://www.appbrain.com/app/file-explorer/nextapp.fx) is the easiest way to find where things go if I'm having problems finding files.
And you might think about using a reader app such as FBReader or Cool Reader in place of Kindle so you don't have to convert books from epub.
miki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #4
Dodgechic49
Dodgechic49 began at the beginning.

Device: SSG2/kindle app
Thank you both. Miki2, I did decide to download another app. Aldiko, the free version for now. Pretty darn simple use. Thanks again, I appreciate the input.
Dodgechic49 is offline   Reply With Quote