Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 02:37 PM   #76
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Panel view in comics is kinda weird. It shows you the full page, then the first panel, the next, etc. I don't think the KF even does it like that.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #77
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's always been this way. Open a book and the options for changing your fonts, margins...etc will show up.
SLAP, on the forehead!

Just had my first "senior" moment or brain fart!

lmao
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #78
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yup, same line-height issues as on the Touch/K4 (the small line spacing on a KF8 is still larger than the medium line spacing on a mobi6).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-11-2012 at 04:16 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #79
gent
gent began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Anyone knows if this update will be pushed to my Kindle over WiFi? I'm not in a hurry to update, wondering if I should do it before the update is pushed to the device.

Also is the quick wireless switch removed by chance? That would be bad.
gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:10 PM   #80
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by gent View Post
Anyone knows if this update will be pushed to my Kindle over WiFi? I'm not in a hurry to update, wondering if I should do it before the update is pushed to the device.

Also is the quick wireless switch removed by chance? That would be bad.
The wireless on/off option is in the same spot.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #81
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
The wireless on/off option is in the same spot.
This is good because it would drive hubby nuts if they moved it.
So they just want to torture us K4 users.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #82
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I don't see any margin changing option after the update. And the font choices look the same to me.
Typeface: regular, condensed, sans serif.
Line spacing: small medium large.
words per line: fewest, fewer, default.

Where would I find different fonts?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #83
Fred Vargas
Fred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura aboutFred Vargas has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I don't see any margin changing option after the update. And the font choices look the same to me.

here the same, cant see this changes.

But my Kindle SO isnt SO anymore after the update, good change

Last edited by Fred Vargas; 09-11-2012 at 03:43 PM.
Fred Vargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #84
flandroid
Connoisseur
flandroid has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flandroid has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flandroid has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2/3/4/PW3
Improved fonts, not new fonts.
flandroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #85
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Ok. changing the line spacing changes the margins.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #86
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by flandroid View Post
Improved fonts, not new fonts.
Correct - "Improved Font: We've improved the reading font to have more contrast and be more crisp."

That's all, well the other stuff too but no new fonts, margin tools or anything like that (Parental Controls, KF8, Comic Books Panel View, Children's Picture Books).
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:11 PM   #87
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Used the Parental Controls to remove my Archives (always has bugged me). Glad to see that implemented. Font looks a little better too!
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #88
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It's a bug on the K4 as well. The problem with KF8 is if the publisher sets a fixed line space it's can't be changed. This goes for other formatting that Mobi would just override. Still KF8 is good for certain type of books so I like having the option.
Actually, if you don't have an older Kindle then the K3, you won't ever get a Mobi version if a KF8 exists as Amazon will send the KF8 version to the Kindle and if you have the Kindle app for Windows or MAC, you still will get the KF8.

Looks like it is becoming harder to get a Mobi copy short of stripping the DRM and converting the KF8 to Mobi using Calibre.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:14 PM   #89
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Yup, same line-height issues as on the Tocuh/K4 (the small line spacing on a KF8 is still larger than the medium line spacing on a mobi6).
Why can't Amazon fix this?
Old 09-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #90
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post

On a Kindle PW.