Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 05-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #1
Legobricke
Legobricke began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Netflix is GO!

The new netflix app is out and with slight mod's to the build.prop is runs like a charm!

You can do this with Root Explorer right on the nook.

Access the build.prop file in the system folder.

Change the ro.product.model=NookColor to ro.product.model=Nexus S
Change the ro.product.manufacturer=HTC to ro.product.manufacturer=samsung

Save..... Reboot... and you should be good to go!

Be sure to back up the old build.prop though...... you never know!

Lego

PS - Props to the guys at XDA for this info!
Legobricke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
thanks - working for me right now. My video is a little choppy but I think that might be because I haven't recieved my new microSD card yet. I'm running the CM7 off an old one I found in our junk drawer.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
jedifarfy
Zealot
jedifarfy doesn't litterjedifarfy doesn't litter

Device: rooted nook color, nook wifi 1st edition
Oh snap, I might have to root my NC again....
jedifarfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
ok, is there a way to turn off the screen time-out completely? The longest period I see in settings is 30 minutes
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:55 PM   #5
AzB
AzB doesn't litterAzB doesn't litter

Device: nook color
Where's the app? I looked in market and didn't see one.

Az
AzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzB View Post
Where's the app? I looked in market and didn't see one.

Az
Not available in all markets. You can use market enabler to fake US location and see the app.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
AzB
AzB doesn't litterAzB doesn't litter

Device: nook color
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Not available in all markets. You can use market enabler to fake US location and see the app.
Thanks. I've got ME running, but have no idea what setting to use. Any idea?

Thanks!

Az
AzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #8
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzB View Post
Thanks. I've got ME running, but have no idea what setting to use. Any idea?

Thanks!

Az
I used T-Mobile. Just do a long press on the setting you want and select "apply".
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:52 PM   #9
pmlawson
pmlawson began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
For those needing visual aids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOZFB...feature=digest
pmlawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:21 PM   #10
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmlawson View Post
I followed this step by step, but I get 'failed to mount' when trying to mount the file system, so it won't let me change anything on the system folder.

I'm running CM7 from the SD card. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I solved the problem by installing the device-agnostic apk from here.

It works! And you don't have to mess with your system files.

Last edited by khalleron; 05-22-2011 at 05:49 PM.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #11
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The latest update to the Neflix app in the Market no longer checks for unsupported devices, so there's no need to monkey around with anything anymore.

Just download, install, and run.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:30 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
The latest update to the Neflix app in the Market no longer checks for unsupported devices, so there's no need to monkey around with anything anymore.

Just download, install, and run.
I just tried it on my PC and it still says my device isn't supported. When I search for the app from my Nook Color, it doesn't even show up.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:57 PM   #13
khalleron
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I just tried it on my PC and it still says my device isn't supported. When I search for the app from my Nook Color, it doesn't even show up.
Odd, I downloaded the app from the Market this morning and it downloaded and runs great.

No problem at all. I'm running CM7.03 from the SD card.

It does require Android 2.2 and up - is your Nook up-to-date?
Old 06-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Odd, I downloaded the app from the Market this morning and it downloaded and runs great.

No problem at all. I'm running CM7.03 from the SD card.

It does require Android 2.2 and up - is your Nook up-to-date?
That explains it. I'm still running AutoNooter w/ 2.1

Thanks
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote