Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #361
SingleEyePhotos
SingleEyePhotos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
That feature will be included in the next release (0.7.36)

G

Will the new feature allow me to identify which collections my books are in as well? I currently have a column for 'collection' which is separate from the standard column for tags. I've been trying to figure out a way to get the collection name listed in the catalog & have not been able to do so yet.

Thank you for all your hard work on this!
Old 01-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #362
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleEyePhotos View Post
Will the new feature allow me to identify which collections my books are in as well? I currently have a column for 'collection' which is separate from the standard column for tags. I've been trying to figure out a way to get the collection name listed in the catalog & have not been able to do so yet.
You can specify a custom column to include in the Description header, that should do what you want. See 'Customizing the Output: EPUB/MOBI: Other options: Description header' in the first post of this thread.

G
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 01:11 PM   #363
SingleEyePhotos

Quote:
You can specify a custom column to include in the Description header, that should do what you want. See 'Customizing the Output: EPUB/MOBI: Other options: Description header' in the first post of this thread.

G
Thanks! I'll be waiting for the next release then...
Old 01-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #364
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just found an indexing bug in the catalog generator, and missed the release window, so catalog generation will have some problems in 0.7.36 until I submit a patch for the next release. Sorry.

G
Old 01-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #365
Malcolm
Enthusiast
Malcolm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, K4PC, Kindle 2, Droid Eris
Quote:
You will need to create a ticket and attach a debug trace to it.

• Capturing a debug trace
    • Click the Jobs: icon in the lower right corner of calibre's main window
    • In the 'calibre - jobs' dialog window, click on the most recent (closest to the top) 'Generate catalog' job
    • Click the Show job details button
    • Select all of the text in the 'Generate catalog' window, and copy it to your clipboard. Save it to a file 'debug.txt'
There's probably a book with a character in the title that's confusing the indexer, but I need to see the debug trace to be certain.

G
Ticket created with debug file attached. Thanks for the simple instructions got the job done rather easily.

Malcolm
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 04:42 AM   #366
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
Ticket created with debug file attached. Thanks for the simple instructions got the job done rather easily.

Malcolm
I believe your bug should be resolved with the next release (0.7.37).

G
Old 01-02-2011, 07:09 AM   #367
Malcolm
Enthusiast
Malcolm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, K4PC, Kindle 2, Droid Eris
Thanks and to you and all your compatriots. This journey you're on in calibre is a job well done.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #368
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I'm running Calibre portable and after upgrading to 7.36 I now get an error creating my catalog:

Spoiler:
ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Generate catalog

Generate catalog
Catalog_EPUB_MOBI(): Generating mobi for kindle in GUI environment
connected_device: 'None'
book count: 8
Sections: Authors, Titles, Descriptions
opts:
authorClip: 60
catalog_title: u'00 Author: Christine Warren Collection'
connected_kindle: False
descriptionClip: 100
exclude_book_marker: u':'
exclude_genre: u'.'
exclude_tags: u'~,Catalog'
header_note_source_field: ''
merge_comments: '::True'
output_profile: 'kindle'
read_book_marker: u'#read:True'
search_text: None
sort_by: None
sort_descriptions_by_author: True
sync: False
thumb_width: '1.50'
wishlist_tag: u'Wishlist'
invalidating cache at 'F:\eBook Library\CalibreConfig\caches\catalog\thumbs.zip'
thumb_width changed: -1.00" => 1.50"
Python function terminated unexpectedly
[Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: 'F:\\eBook Library\\CalibreConfig\\caches\\catalog\\thumbs.zi p' (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 103, in main
File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 107, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 61, in gui_catalog
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 5014, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 1009, in __init__
WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: 'F:\\eBook Library\\CalibreConfig\\caches\\catalog\\thumbs.zi p'
Old 01-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #369
GRiker

I'm looking at it, will post more info when I figure out what's happening. This is a windows-only problem, and it doesn't occur in my Windows 7 installation.

G
Old 01-02-2011, 09:34 AM   #370
SingleEyePhotos

Quote:
I just found an indexing bug in the catalog generator, and missed the release window, so catalog generation will have some problems in 0.7.36 until I submit a patch for the next release. Sorry.

G
I am also getting an error when trying to create a catalog in the 0.7.36 release. I'm running Win XP SP3. Here is the error message:

ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Generate catalog

Generate catalog
Catalog_EPUB_MOBI(): Generating mobi for kindle_dx in GUI environment
connected_device: 'None'
book count: 5
Sections: Authors, Titles, Genres, Descriptions
opts:
authorClip: 100
catalog_title: u'My Books'
connected_kindle: False
descriptionClip: 380
exclude_book_marker: u':'
exclude_genre: u'\\[.+\\]'
exclude_tags: u'~,Catalog'
header_note_source_field: u'#collection'
merge_comments: '::True'
output_profile: 'kindle_dx'
read_book_marker: u'tag:+'
search_text: None
sort_by: None
sort_descriptions_by_author: True
sync: True
thumb_width: '1.00'
wishlist_tag: u'Wishlist'
invalidating cache at 'C:\Documents and Settings\Penny\Application Data\calibre\caches\catalog\thumbs.zip'
thumb_width changed: -1.00" => 1.00"
Python function terminated unexpectedly
[Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: u'C:\\Documents and Settings\\Penny\\Application Data\\calibre\\caches\\catalog\\thumbs.zip' (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 103, in main
File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 107, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 61, in gui_catalog
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 5014, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 1009, in __init__
WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: u'C:\\Documents and Settings\\Penny\\Application Data\\calibre\\caches\\catalog\\thumbs.zip'

I've tried rebooting to ensure that no other programs are using that file, and Calibre is the only program open at the time. I was doing a test catalog on the new functionality and was only using 5 books instead of the full library for the test.

Thank you for your help.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:53 PM   #371
GRiker

@SingleEyePhotos:
Please do the following:
- With no instances of calibre running, delete the thumbs.zip file
- Start calibre again, try building the catalog again
- Report the results, including the version of Windows you're running

G
Old 01-02-2011, 03:47 PM   #372
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I Did as you suggested and it worked. Running windows vista.

Thanks
Old 01-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #373
GRiker

As noted here and in another thread, there were some Windows-only problems with catalog generation in 0.7.36. They should be resolved in the next release.

G
Old 01-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #374
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Thanks G - was just coming in here to look for help on generating a catalog and lo and behold, the message was already posted regarding this. Will wait until next release for fix. Thanks again.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #375
SingleEyePhotos

Quote:
@SingleEyePhotos:
Please do the following:
- With no instances of calibre running, delete the thumbs.zip file
- Start calibre again, try building the catalog again
- Report the results, including the version of Windows you're running

G
Thank you, that did the trick! Love the new options for the Catalog.
Closed Thread

Tags
book catalog