Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 07:47 PM   #331
SingleEyePhotos
SingleEyePhotos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
You should be to select 'MOBI' in the Catalog format dropdown list.

If you're not seeing MOBI and EPUB, go to Preferences|Advanced|Plugins|Catalog generator plugins, confirm that Catalog_EPUB_MOBI is enabled.

G
Thank you for the information! The plugin you referenced was NOT active. All set now!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #332
wasja79
wasja79 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Russian Books Catalog

Hi,

i have a problem by creating catalog of my russian books (mobi output).

All russian authors are listed under "Authors beginning with 'Symbols'". This is also valid for russian series and genres.

Is it a bug or a feature? There are a workaround for this problem?

Regards,

Wasja
Advert
Old 11-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #333
Bobbatt
Bobbatt began at the beginning.

Device: none
Multiple libraries catalogs

Hello gentlemen,
Assume that I have three differents Calibre libraries: "A", "B", and "C", all on the same disk. (Windows XP home SP3)
Assume that I have loaded Calibre, and that It has opened library "A", which was the last worked with.
I switch from library "A" to library "B"; and after adding books, I generate an epub catalog, with all options default, I have no reader; I give a name click apply, ok; and Calibre generates a catalog for library "A".
Calibre generates the catalog for the first opened library.
Have I forgotten something or is it a bug?
All the best for our Excellent Team.
Robert
Old 11-02-2010, 12:40 PM   #334
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Should be fixed in next release
Old 11-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #335
wasja79

Book cover problem in converted catalogs epub -> mobi

Hi, Thank you for the great work!

I have a little problem with converted catalogs. I generate epub catalog and finish it with Sigil (Delete "Symbols", create TOC etc.). I convert it after finishing in mobi with Calibre. It works fine, but book cover is in Kindle to big (s. Attachement).

PS. This is also valid for direct convert epub -> mobi without editing

I don't know where is the failure...

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-39232.gif
Views:	527
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	60594  
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #336
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
If you're creating a catalog to be read on the Kindle, you need to specify Kindle as the output format, which causes the covers to be properly scaled for the Kindle. Because you're starting with epub, the images are scaled for epubs.

Images on the Kindle are scaled differently than other ereaders. The catalog generation code needs to know the intended ereader to scale images properly. Because of the intermediate conversions you're doing, the scaling ends up wrong.

You could try generating for the Kindle initially, converting that MOBI to EPUB, doing your edits, then converting back to MOBI, but I have no idea if that would introduce other problems.

G
Old 11-03-2010, 12:45 PM   #337
wasja79

It's True, Thanks!

MOBI -> EPUB ->MOBI works, but Kindle-specific formatting is destroyed. Perfectly solution is grouping by first letter in MOBI catalog for non-latin characters too!

Here are examples for russian characters and three dummy mobibooks with russian metadata:

А а Б б В в Г г Д д Е е Ё ё
Ж ж З з И и Й й К к Л л М м
Н н О о П п Р р С с Т т У у
Ф ф Х х Ц ц Ч ч Ш ш Щ щ Ъ ъ
Ы ы Ь ь Э э Ю ю Я я

If it is possible, this would be great!

Regards
Attached Files
File Type: mobi A-Knigha - A-Avtor.mobi (13.4 KB, 489 views)
File Type: mobi B-Knigha - B-Avtor.mobi (13.4 KB, 475 views)
File Type: mobi V-Knigha - V-Avtor.mobi (13.4 KB, 486 views)

Last edited by wasja79; 11-03-2010 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Update
Old 11-12-2010, 04:21 AM   #338
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
When I now send a Calibre Catalog named "My_Booklist" to my Astak PEz the filename now comes up:
Code:
g_c-exception!.epub
This file first appeared a few versions ago, but I never chased it down.

Note: My send template includes the Id number (was working when 737, now 1333 )
Win XP now 7.27(Qt beta ver), but the file name appeared a few versions back.

The OPF file:
Code:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<package xmlns="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" unique-identifier="uuid_id">
    <metadata xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" xmlns:opf="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf">
        <dc:identifier opf:scheme="calibre" id="calibre_id">1333</dc:identifier>
        <dc:identifier opf:scheme="uuid" id="uuid_id">5b8c5016-e669-4c74-81b7-b0468531a405</dc:identifier>
        <dc:title>My_Booklist</dc:title>
        <dc:creator opf:file-as="calibre" opf:role="aut">calibre</dc:creator>
        <dc:contributor opf:file-as="calibre" opf:role="bkp">calibre (0.7.27) [http://calibre-ebook.com]</dc:contributor>
        <dc:date>2010-11-12T09:01:30.452000+00:00</dc:date>
        <dc:description>Catalog_EPUB_MOBI(): Generating epub for hanlinv5 in GUI environment
 connected_device: 'Hanlin V5'
  mount point: Q:\
  mount point: P:\
 book count: 1189
 Sections: Descriptions, Authors, Recently Added, Genres
 opts:
  authorClip: 100
  catalog_title: My_Booklist
  connected_kindle: False
  descriptionClip: 380
  exclude_genre: \[[\w ]*\]
  exclude_tags: ~,Catalog
  note_tag: *
  numbers_as_text: False
  read_tag: +
  search_text: None
  sort_by: None
  sort_descriptions_by_author: True
  sync: False</dc:description>
        <dc:language>en</dc:language>
        <dc:subject>Catalog</dc:subject>
        <meta content="2010-11-12T09:01:30.452000+00:00" name="calibre:timestamp"/>
        <meta content="My_Booklist" name="calibre:title_sort"/>
        <meta name="calibre:user_metadata:#edited" content="{&quot;is_category&quot;: false, &quot;colnum&quot;: 1, &quot;kind&quot;: &quot;field&quot;, &quot;is_custom&quot;: true, &quot;name&quot;: &quot;Edited Format&quot;, &quot;#extra#&quot;: null, &quot;datatype&quot;: &quot;datetime&quot;, &quot;rec_index&quot;: 20, &quot;search_terms&quot;: [&quot;#edited&quot;], &quot;#value#&quot;: null, &quot;link_column&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;label&quot;: &quot;edited&quot;, &quot;is_editable&quot;: true, &quot;column&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;is_multiple&quot;: null, &quot;category_sort&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;table&quot;: &quot;custom_column_1&quot;, &quot;display&quot;: {&quot;date_format&quot;: &quot;MM/dd/yyyy&quot;}}"/>
        <meta name="calibre:user_metadata:#usertags" content="{&quot;is_category&quot;: true, &quot;colnum&quot;: 2, &quot;kind&quot;: &quot;field&quot;, &quot;is_custom&quot;: true, &quot;name&quot;: &quot;User Tags&quot;, &quot;#extra#&quot;: null, &quot;datatype&quot;: &quot;text&quot;, &quot;rec_index&quot;: 21, &quot;search_terms&quot;: [&quot;#usertags&quot;], &quot;#value#&quot;: [], &quot;link_column&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;label&quot;: &quot;usertags&quot;, &quot;is_editable&quot;: true, &quot;column&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;is_multiple&quot;: &quot;|&quot;, &quot;category_sort&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;table&quot;: &quot;custom_column_2&quot;, &quot;display&quot;: {}}"/>
        <meta name="calibre:user_metadata:#read" content="{&quot;is_category&quot;: false, &quot;colnum&quot;: 3, &quot;kind&quot;: &quot;field&quot;, &quot;is_custom&quot;: true, &quot;name&quot;: &quot;Read&quot;, &quot;#extra#&quot;: null, &quot;datatype&quot;: &quot;bool&quot;, &quot;rec_index&quot;: 22, &quot;search_terms&quot;: [&quot;#read&quot;], &quot;#value#&quot;: null, &quot;link_column&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;label&quot;: &quot;read&quot;, &quot;is_editable&quot;: true, &quot;column&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;is_multiple&quot;: null, &quot;category_sort&quot;: &quot;value&quot;, &quot;table&quot;: &quot;custom_column_3&quot;, &quot;display&quot;: {}}"/>
    </metadata>
    <guide/>
</package>
Old 11-12-2010, 07:30 AM   #339
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@theducks: I don't think this is a catalog generation error per se. The <dc:description> element is correct - it's added as a comment to the catalog for debug purposes.

Can you try generating a catalog for a default device in epub format to see if that works properly?

G
Old 11-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #340
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@theducks: I don't think this is a catalog generation error per se. The <dc:description> element is correct - it's added as a comment to the catalog for debug purposes.

Can you try generating a catalog for a default device in epub format to see if that works properly?

G
I don't think it is directly a Catalog Generate problem,
but a (Manual, save to disk) Send problem.

That OPF file was ON the device with the same /wrong/ file name

It happens on send, whether or not, the device is connected while generating.

OK. How do I generate for a "default device"
Old 11-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #341
GRiker

Preferences|Conversion|Common Options|Page Setup - set output profile to 'Default output profile'.

When you generate the catalog, uncheck 'Send catalog to device automatically'.

Select a small set of books, say 10 for a quick catalog test.

Build the catalog. Try sending that catalog to the device.

G
Old 11-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #342
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Preferences|Conversion|Common Options|Page Setup - set output profile to 'Default output profile'.

When you generate the catalog, uncheck 'Send catalog to device automatically'.

Select a small set of books, say 10 for a quick catalog test.

Build the catalog. Try sending that catalog to the device.

G
Output Profile now set to default. (I never had Automatic send ticked)

Send to Device works correctly,
but save to disk does Not.

I use (Manual) Save to Disk exclusively with this device.

The template(s) are my normal and work for all my other uploads (and used to work with the Catalog)

Last edited by theducks; 08-16-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #343
GRiker

Given that the problem is related to Send to Device/Save to disk, I'd suggest that you create a ticket so Kovid can take a look.

G
Old 11-12-2010, 01:48 PM   #344
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Does saving to disk to a location other than the device (say on in a folder on your hard disk) work?
Old 11-12-2010, 02:08 PM   #345
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Does saving to disk to a location other than the device (say on in a folder on your hard disk) work?
Same (wrong) results when saving to C:\Temp\
This is a new filename (new record id as well)
Closed Thread

Tags
book catalog