Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 10-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
flamegod
flamegod began at the beginning.

Device: M218B
From chinese firmware -> multilanguage

Hello!

I have MB218B with the chinese Firmware on it (v0.44) is it possible to flash it to the firmware with the russian language in it?

Thx!
flamegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:23 AM   #2
flamegod

i've already tried installing 0.33 firmware. After flashing i've got a black screen

I tried to go back to the chinese MB218B firmware and got the strange fuzz on the screen after the first flash. After the second flash i succeeded changing back to the original chinese firmware.

Maybe i should flash 0.33 two times? Someone suceeded on it?
Advert
Old 10-23-2009, 04:24 AM   #3
Cadion
Cadion is on a distinguished road

Device: jetbook
Hi Flamegod, There is a post about installing Chinese firmware on jetBooks.
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54172.
Cadion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:21 AM   #4
flamegod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadion View Post
Hi Flamegod, There is a post about installing Chinese firmware on jetBooks.
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54172.
Yeah, i've already read that thread. It's about installing the Chinese firmware, but i need the oppposite direction.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:03 PM   #5
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
From jetBook to Chinese I needed two flashes, and two flashes back.

So presumably, from Chinese to jetBook would take the same two flashes. Your risk though.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
flamegod

It worked after the second flash. Thx!
Old 10-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #7
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Really? Good to know!

Now I wonder if there's a cheap place to get M218C ... it's the upcoming jetBook.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote