Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 01-29-2008, 11:45 AM   #1
spear
Connoisseur
spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question help changing categories via smartcard

I know how to change categories via the librarian for my EBW1150. However books purchased directly from Fictionwise don't have that option (that I have figured out anyway) and I can't change the category at my fictionwise bookshelf before the download....so....unless there is something I am missing I figure that the only way to change the categories for the books already on the device is to take take the smartcard out, plug it into a card reader, and somehow get those files to the librarian to change info and resave.

However when I read these files from the card each book is a folder with multiple files of unrecognizable denomination (not .txt etc). I really don't know what to do at this point. I am only a minor techno, heck I don't even know if what I am attempting is possible (logically it should be). Can anyone help me here?

Denise
spear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by spear View Post
I know how to change categories via the librarian for my EBW1150. However books purchased directly from Fictionwise don't have that option (that I have figured out anyway) and I can't change the category at my fictionwise bookshelf before the download....so....unless there is something I am missing I figure that the only way to change the categories for the books already on the device is to take take the smartcard out, plug it into a card reader, and somehow get those files to the librarian to change info and resave.

However when I read these files from the card each book is a folder with multiple files of unrecognizable denomination (not .txt etc). I really don't know what to do at this point. I am only a minor techno, heck I don't even know if what I am attempting is possible (logically it should be). Can anyone help me here?

Denise
It is possible to convert the entire RES folder back into an IMP file and then you can use the Librarian to change the category. The REB1200 group on Yahoo has a download that can be used to convert the file.

Fictionwise books are delivered via IMP. Ebookwise file are delivered directly. You might check the Fictionwise site for books you have purchased on the Ebookwise site to see if they can be downloaded from Fictionwise. I generally purchase on Fictionwise to bein with and then they can be imported to the online bookshelf on Ebookwise if you want direct load.

The only other way would be to edit the binary file in the RES folder that contains the category.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2008, 03:52 PM   #3
spear
Connoisseur
spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.spear can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Thanks Dale! I got the download and it works great. I knew you would know the answer...you are the great grand poobah of the eb1150!

Many genuflections

Denise
Old 02-21-2008, 11:33 AM   #4
spear
Connoisseur

Angry

Ok, I have reimped my RES files, I have brought them into the elibrarian, I have edited the categaries.....BUT now when I try to view them I get an error message, and when I try to reimport them back into the EBW 1150 I get a message that the file is to large to download (even though it is the same amount of mb as originally).

When I first reimped and brought them into the librarian I could view them, its after I edit the category that something bad is happening. How do I fix this? Or alternatively how do I your second suggestion of editing the binary file in the RES folder that contains the category (which one is the correct file?)

Feeling real stupid right now.......
Old 02-21-2008, 01:39 PM   #5
Roberts324
Mad translator
Roberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enoughRoberts324 will become famous soon enough

Device: eBookwise 1150 reader, Samsung E60 reader, SAMSUNG N150 netbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by spear View Post
Ok, I have reimped my RES files, I have brought them into the elibrarian, I have edited the categaries.....BUT now when I try to view them I get an error message, and when I try to reimport them back into the EBW 1150 I get a message that the file is to large to download (even though it is the same amount of mb as originally).

When I first reimped and brought them into the librarian I could view them, its after I edit the category that something bad is happening. How do I fix this? Or alternatively how do I your second suggestion of editing the binary file in the RES folder that contains the category (which one is the correct file?)

Feeling real stupid right now.......
I do not know whether this is indeed the problem, but when you change categories in GEBLibrarian, or otherwise modify metadata, make sure to Click Refresh before attempting to load to the 1150.
Roberts324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
spear
Connoisseur

Hey again,

Brought a fresh copy of the reimped file into elibrarian, (allows view), changed category, hit refresh....and the error message comes up again when attempt to view. So darn, that doesn't seem to be it....I'm probably missing something just as basic as that though. Thanks for the suggestion.

aaccckkk!

Denise