Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 08:00 AM   #1
franc
Connoisseur
franc began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to change the dictionary in the Reader?

Hello,

when I mark a word in the calibre Viewer and right click the selected word I can choose 'Lookup in dictionary (CMD+L)' but where can I change this dictionary?
It is default dict.org, but I would rather like to translate the word and use some translating dictionaries.

Not possible?

Kindly regardings,

franc
franc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It cannot be changed without editing the source code.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
franc
Connoisseur

Thank you for that information very much.

Is it on the planned to Do list to do it in a future version, to adjust in settings the dictionaries?
I saw it in e.g. the android eBook Reader MoonReader+ where I can set the dictionaries by setting.
It is useful!
E.g.: I am in german language better than in english (or hindi/maharashtra ) and when I read an english book, it is useful for me to directly translate some unknown word directly to german, using the special dictionary.

Kindly Regardings,
frank
Old 12-02-2011, 09:26 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's not a feature I am interested in personally, but patches are welcome.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:58 AM   #5
franc
Connoisseur

You mean:

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html

Hm, OK, maybe sometime I try to compile it...
Advert