Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
CyberMonday Coupons (did you get yours, did you get the right one?)

I got my CyberMonday Coupon today, unfortunately I got the wrong one. I spent over $30 so should have received the free ebook coupon code, instead I got the 50% off for one book coupon code for spending over $25.

Has any one else received the wrong Coupon for the CyberMonday promotion?
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:16 AM   #2
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
silly question - did you spend $30 before taxes?
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2010, 07:25 AM   #3
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I spent over $30 and received the free-book coupon.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:08 AM   #4
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

I spent over $30 before taxes and got the 50% off coupon, I have opened a ticket with Kobo customer care to try and get this fixed as I should have been sent the free book coupon.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:10 AM   #5
jimr
jimr began at the beginning.

Device: Original Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
I got my CyberMonday Coupon today, unfortunately I got the wrong one. I spent over $30 so should have received the free ebook coupon code, instead I got the 50% off for one book coupon code for spending over $25.

Has any one else received the wrong Coupon for the CyberMonday promotion?
Yup...the exact same thing happened to me. I too, opened a ticket and am waiting for a reply. It's a minor thing in the short run (only a matter of 5 bucks or so), but it's the principle. If they're gonna make an offer, they should darn well follow through with it. It'll be interesting to see how long this takes, as I suspect it was a computer error that may well have led to lots of wrong coupons being sent out. Ah...the growing pains of a new company...
jimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Not only did I get the correct coupon for my $30+ purchase, but I was able to apply it to a nine-book omnibus by Jean Plaidy that was sale-priced at $74 and get it for FREE! I made out like a bandit! Love Kobobooks!
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:57 PM   #7
jiminrussell
JimInRussell

Unhappy Still not resolved

It is now 11 days since I opened a ticket with Kobo support about receiving the incorrect coupon and still nothing from Kobo about when or even if this is going to be fixed. I updated my ticket last week asking for an update, no response from Kobo, I have updated the ticket again today asking for an update on when this is going to be fixed.

I am starting to understand some of the other comments I have seen in the forum about the poor customer service.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:58 PM   #8
jimr
jimr began at the beginning.

Device: Original Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminrussell View Post
It is now 11 days since I opened a ticket with Kobo support about receiving the incorrect coupon and still nothing from Kobo about when or even if this is going to be fixed. I updated my ticket last week asking for an update, no response from Kobo, I have updated the ticket again today asking for an update on when this is going to be fixed.

I am starting to understand some of the other comments I have seen in the forum about the poor customer service.
Sounds like you and I are in the exact same boat!
jimr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
As JCKobo told us he is reporting on CS problems internally, I would PM him with these issues so he can see that they are followed up. Include your ticket numbers.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #10
jiminrussell
JimInRussell

Private message sent to JCKobo

Thanks for the tip Taming, I have sent a private message to JCKobo.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:56 PM   #11
jiminrussell
JimInRussell

I finally got my free ebook coupon!

I checked my ticket today and saw that it had been closed yesterday. In looking at the detail it had been updated with coupon code for me to use to get my free ebook. Finally!! Not sure why I didn't get email notifying me of the update to my ticket but at least the issue is now resolved. (I had tried PM to JCKobo on Dec. 13 as suggest by Taming and I did get a response the next day from Jordon saying that he would have someone look into it and get me my coupon ASAP but that was on Dec. 14 and nothing since then. I also posted message to the new get satisfaction web site a week ago but got no response at all there despite the fact another customer had posted exactly the same issue on the get satisfaction site the day before and got immediate response and resolution).

It is plainly obvious that Kobo needs to hire some more staff to deal with the large number of tickets being opened. Hopefully the powers that be at kobo know what is going on and have plans to hire more staff soon.

Anyway at least my issue is now resolved.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:12 PM   #12
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Along the same line, I have played Kobo's Get-A-Gift contest the last few days and have not the received the 10% coupon I've won each time.

No big deal, but if I win a 50% coupon I'll be a bit more concerned.

Has anyone received a coupon from this contest by e-mail yet?

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 10:35 PM   #13
winsomnia
Groupie
winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.winsomnia can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: kobo Touch, kobo Aura
Yes, I played on Monday December 27th and received my coupon (50% off) fairly quickly.
I've bought seven books with the (code: 50WinKobo) coupon. It said it expires in 48 hours, but I think I exceeded that with purchases this morning (Dec. 30th).
winsomnia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:59 AM   #14
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
I also received my 10% coupon right away when I played: KoboWin10 This was on Wed the 29th.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:09 AM   #15
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
I played the game today and found out what I was doing wrong. I didn't click all five squares to reveal what was underneath. I stopped when I had matched three to win. Today I cleared them all and got the email coupon. 20% today - not bad.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote