Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 03:07 AM   #1
PDS
Zealot
PDS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Dell Mini 9, I-Phone
Massive thumbs up to Diesel EBooks

I have never had any issues or problems with my purchases from Diesel EBooks, yesterday I put a book onto my reader that I purchased last November. (Yeah I know Im a horder ).

Well anyway the book loaded fine but when I opened it the book was showing only 1 page. Right away I contacted Diesel and almost immediately I had a response, and today less than 24 hours later I have a new book in a different format (as per my request).

Thats awesome service, kudos to Diesel for replacing my book so many months after the initial purchase. It was a quick and painless process

Thanks so much

Cheers
Dawn
PDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:35 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDS View Post
Thats awesome service, kudos to Diesel for replacing my book so many months after the initial purchase. It was a quick and painless process

Thanks so much

Cheers
Dawn
It's nice to know that customers are important to some companies
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
dragonbone
must love dogs
dragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone 32GB 3GS, iPad 64GB WiFi
Hi PDS, did you use the Sony software and Adobe Reader to upload your book from Diesel to your reader?
dragonbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:47 AM   #4
PDS
Zealot
PDS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Dell Mini 9, I-Phone
Hey Dragonbone

yes I did, I think there must have been a fault with the book because they replacement I got is fine.

Dawn
PDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle app on the iPhone
That is good news. I raised a query with ebooks.com last Sunday about some PDFs that simply don't look nice on my 505, and have heard nothing. I sent a follow up yesterday, but havent' even had an email acknowledgement.
amjbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:07 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjbrown View Post
That is good news. I raised a query with ebooks.com last Sunday about some PDFs that simply don't look nice on my 505, and have heard nothing. I sent a follow up yesterday, but havent' even had an email acknowledgment.
The problem is that they won't look nice. Probably formatted for letter size and with wide margins too. So unless there is something wrong with these PDF, you just ended up purchasing the wrong format for your 505.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #7
amjbrown
Addict
amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amjbrown ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That is good news. I raised a query with ebooks.com last Sunday about some PDFs that simply don't look nice on my 505, and have heard nothing. I sent a follow up yesterday, but havent' even had an email acknowledgement.
Oh no! I have just done the lovely people at eBooks.com a huge disservice! MS Reader versions were waiting for me to download - I just didn't know that they had done the switch for me!

Massive thumbs up for eBooks.com too!
Old 03-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #8
amjbrown
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The problem is that they won't look nice. Probably formatted for letter size and with wide margins too. So unless there is something wrong with these PDF, you just ended up purchasing the wrong format for your 505.
You are always telling me off!

I bought these last year - before I had bought a 505, and before I had discovered all the great help at mobileread.com!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:43 PM   #9
amjbrown
Addict

Quote:
Oh no! I have just done the lovely people at eBooks.com a huge disservice! MS Reader versions were waiting for me to download - I just didn't know that they had done the switch for me!

Massive thumbs up for eBooks.com too!
And today I got the e-mail, with apologies for the fact that their outgoing server had been down. eBooks.com highly recommended!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #10
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Great to hear. I've noticed Diesel eBooks is starging to get much better in price and in services. Right now their website and bookshelf seem to have the best user interface of all the eBook sites. Well amazon is up there too.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote