Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #151
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
gimp/photoshop does not waste THAT much time, if you have basic rotate/cut/paste skillz.
What are you talking about? That image is clearly taken from a high resolution camera and not doctored in anyway.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:10 AM   #152
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
That's actually MS Paint....I can't go any further...
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #153
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Select "change image size" from "reading menu".
Choose the % for width (and for height if you want to).
Hit again "reading menu" and choose "lock image size".

This will let you use the % you choosed for every page (instead of resetting when turning page).
V1.9 will save also the scroll position when locking image size: you'll be able to remove white margins (sort of...)!
@silver18, thank you for your fast response. but, there's a slight misunderstanding here. what i'm actually looking for is to keep the original aspect ratio of an image, ie, not to stretch the image on all sides to fill up the display area. it should be like how an image viewer works on a PC - for images that are smaller than the display area, it will expand them, for bigger images it will reduce them to fit into the display area, but all the times keeping the original aspect ratio unchanged.

is it possible to include such a setting? thanks.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #154
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiming View Post
@silver18, thank you for your fast response. but, there's a slight misunderstanding here. what i'm actually looking for is to keep the original aspect ratio of an image, ie, not to stretch the image on all sides to fill up the display area. it should be like how an image viewer works on a PC - for images that are smaller than the display area, it will expand them, for bigger images it will reduce them to fit into the display area, but all the times keeping the original aspect ratio unchanged.

is it possible to include such a setting? thanks.
It should compute the aspect ratio then increase dimensions (using that mutiple of that ratio) until one reaches the maximum (i.e the display area).
If the image is larger, it should be the same except for decreasing dimensions.

Anyway, could you please send me an example of a page you're trying to display?

Thanks again!
Old 08-27-2012, 06:34 PM   #155
silver18
THE NOOB

I added an option to maintain the aspect ratio of images.
This can be choosed in option menu.
Keeping aspect ratio means that Komic will enlarge the image as much as possible without changing the dimensions ratio.
It also center the image in the screen!

As a side note, I'll keep this option OFF as I don't like it much (it also adds a fraction of second in page turning).

Anyway, you can see effects of this option in images attached (don't be fooled by the manga page: it seems to be not centered but it has about 1cm of white border on the right side!!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1346106778720.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	91407   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1346106797383.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	91408   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1346106809542.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	91409   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1346106820449.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	91410  
Old 08-28-2012, 07:25 AM   #156
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
Quote:
I added an option to maintain the aspect ratio of images.
This can be choosed in option menu.
Keeping aspect ratio means that Komic will enlarge the image as much as possible without changing the dimensions ratio.
It also center the image in the screen!

As a side note, I'll keep this option OFF as I don't like it much (it also adds a fraction of second in page turning).

Anyway, you can see effects of this option in images attached (don't be fooled by the manga page: it seems to be not centered but it has about 1cm of white border on the right side!!)
thanks so much Silver18, you are great!

looking forward to this feature and many more goodies in v1.9.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #157
silver18
THE NOOB

Next release could take another week or more because:
- last feature involves changes in a large part of the code and I need more time to test everything (basically because Komic has other two ways of changing image dimensions and the must all work together. Another obstacle is my choice of making this as an option...)
- I wish to bring some order in JavaScripts to separate function used by portrait from those used by landscape and from those used by both (and I need also to remove orphan-code as I know there is some due to my lack of coding skills)
- I need to study for my last exam (and, as I really hate EM fields, this is going to be painful!!)

So, don't hold your breath and sorry for the delay!
Old 08-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #158
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
- I need to study for my last exam (and, as I really hate EM fields, this is going to be painful!!)
good luck
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #159
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
- I need to study for my last exam (and, as I really hate EM fields, this is going to be painful!!) ...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=189286

Or are your "EM fields" not electromagnetic?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #160
silver18
THE NOOB

That's exactly what I'm talking about...and they are pursuing me!!! All those nablas....:banghead:
Old 08-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #161
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
That's exactly what I'm talking about...and they are pursuing me!!! All those nablas....:banghead:

And yes, "advanced linear geometry and differential equations" (nablas) was one of the more difficult of my math classes back in the day, but then I took way more than a full credit load of computer science classes at the time as well. And I got perfect scores in all of them, if anybody cares, but I think that many of those brain cells got recycled since then. So, "I feel your pain", and my condolences to your brain.

P.S. If you put the tinfoil INSIDE the bicycle helmet, perhaps people will not look at you so funny. And good luck on your studies!

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-28-2012 at 06:48 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #162
silver18
THE NOOB

V1.9 is nearly ready, I'm testing the update package right now.

It will have lots of new features and lots of under-the-bonnet improvements!!
Old 09-08-2012, 06:19 AM   #163
silver18
THE NOOB

V1.9 is out, check the first post!!!
ChangeLog is quite huge, I hope everything works....

Try the new bin update and please report any problem here!

Thanks to all and keep supporting me.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:05 AM   #164
Ilogis
Enthusiast
Ilogis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yay, test now
Ilogis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:05 AM   #165
silver18
THE NOOB

Come on, 63 downloads in 2 days and no feedbacks?
It seems to work fine, otherwise I would have been inundated with comments...

Tags
launcher add-ons