Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #136
ChrisKaos
Enthusiast
ChrisKaos began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I have a lighted case for the Kindle Touch, and the orientation in landscape mode makes reading difficult for someone right handed.

Could you put in an option to rotate counterclockwise as well?
ChrisKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:18 AM   #137
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKaos View Post
I have a lighted case for the Kindle Touch, and the orientation in landscape mode makes reading difficult for someone right handed.

Could you put in an option to rotate counterclockwise as well?
As you can read here, I can now rotate the screen in 4 direction...
I just need to solve some minor UI problems, then I'll provide a prompt to choose the direction of rotation in landscape mode (hope so!!!).

EDIT: My kindle updated itself to 5.1.2 and all problems are now solved...all rotations work fine without any problem!!
I'm setting up a new option in option menu to select left or right rotation.
Do you want also inverted portrait??

Last edited by silver18; 08-20-2012 at 09:09 AM.
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #138
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Inverted, negative, portrait.
Any chance of getting a diagonal layout?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #139
Ilogis
Enthusiast
Ilogis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can the orientation be saved so we don't have to change each time open Komic?
Ilogis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:44 PM   #140
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilogis View Post
Can the orientation be saved so we don't have to change each time open Komic?
Of course...it will work just like other option (autosave, autojump and zoom buttons). Check the screenshot.

Thanks to Titano for modding the checkboxes!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-08-20T21_43_30-0200.gif
Views:	243
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	91043  
Old 08-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #141
Ilogis
Enthusiast
Ilogis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Great, thanks.
Do I have to update to 5.12 (from 5.10)?
Ilogis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:33 AM   #142
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilogis View Post
Great, thanks.
Do I have to update to 5.12 (from 5.10)?
I really don't know...
I found the way to rotate in 4 directions with 5.1.0 firmware and I had problems with the layout.
Then my kindle updated to 5.1.2 without letting me make some tests (OTA update).
With 5.1.2 I don't have any problem...
So, summing up, if you experience any layout problem, update to 5.1.2!
(Another good reason for updating is that, from now on, I'll develop on 5.1.2 and I can't really guarantee backward compatibility)
Old 08-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #143
gpl81
gpl81 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch fw 5.1.2
First of all... thanks for the great app.
I tried to read the whole thread, but I didn't find the solution to my problem.
Essentially when I read a comic on my kindle all the images are widen to fit the entire screen so all the characters look a bit... fatter :-p
I was wondering why this happens and if it could be solved somehow.
gpl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #144
silver18
THE NOOB

You can:
- use the "change image size" then "lock image size" options inside Komic
- use Mangle to process images
Old 08-26-2012, 08:03 AM   #145
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpl81 View Post
First of all... thanks for the great app.
I tried to read the whole thread, but I didn't find the solution to my problem.
Essentially when I read a comic on my kindle all the images are widen to fit the entire screen so all the characters look a bit... fatter :-p
I was wondering why this happens and if it could be solved somehow.
That's because the app can't control the images' aspect ratios. I use mangle with the "draw border" option on to keep the aspect ratio where it should be, along with rotating two page spreads.

Linkies:
https://github.com/proDOOMman/Mangle
http://foosoft.net/mangle/

I run it from source and use one of the forks from the proDOOMman version. The second link explains what additional python modules are required to run from source. If you want the latest profile (Kindle 4), I think you have to run from source. I use the Kindle 4 profile without any problems.
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #146
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
You can:
- use the "change image size" then "lock image size" options inside Komic
- use Mangle to process images
the same problem has been bothering me, thanks for the tip, but i couldn't find "lock image size" under "change image size" option. there's only a dialogue box asking for image width. i'm running Komic v1.8. thanks.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:54 PM   #147
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by yiming View Post
the same problem has been bothering me, thanks for the tip, but i couldn't find "lock image size" under "change image size" option. there's only a dialogue box asking for image width. i'm running Komic v1.8. thanks.
Select "change image size" from "reading menu".
Choose the % for width (and for height if you want to).
Hit again "reading menu" and choose "lock image size".

This will let you use the % you choosed for every page (instead of resetting when turning page).
V1.9 will save also the scroll position when locking image size: you'll be able to remove white margins (sort of...)!
Old 08-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #148
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Inverted, negative, portrait.
Any chance of getting a diagonal layout?
Served!!

Old 08-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #149
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Ok, Cool.
I just expected you to say: NO
I hope I didn't waste too much of your time with my smart-ass post.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #150
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Ok, Cool.
I just expected you to say: NO
I hope I didn't waste too much of your time with my smart-ass post.
gimp/photoshop does not waste THAT much time, if you have basic rotate/cut/paste skillz.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons