Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-08-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
luoto
luoto began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Storing calibre database on NAS

Hello. I am trying to store my calibre database on to a NAS drive but running it on my Mac OSX10.7. It works well on local drive (thank you to the developer for the great tool!) but to save space I want to offload it to a drive mapped on my finder.

I am not trying to let it multi user access, but despite it letting me map it to a volume through the finder, with full r/w privs, it then throws up many errors.

I then copied the data to the NAS with the move library tool and things fail with a metadata read.

calibre, version 0.8.53
WARNING: Failed to read metadata: Failed to read metadata from the following:

Till_We_Eat_Again_nodrm.pdf
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/add.py", line 127, in start
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/add.py", line 217, in add
File "site-packages/calibre/library/database2.py", line 3239, in create_book_entry
File "site-packages/calibre/library/database2.py", line 2094, in set_metadata
File "site-packages/calibre/library/database2.py", line 643, in set_path
File "site-packages/calibre/library/sqlite.py", line 314, in run
DatabaseException: database is locked
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/library/sqlite.py", line 271, in run
OperationalError: database is locked

Is one of the examples.

Is there any way around this as, with all my magazines and things, it is a lot of data (plus the NAS is backed up better!).

Thank you.
luoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:50 AM   #2
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Try this.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:40 AM   #3
luoto

Thanks. (Sorry for delay, I did not get a mail about the new posting).

I have read the link and I am not sure, sadly how to implement that within OSX so that it works then and works after a reboot.

Could this be something the development team could do within the application?

With kind regards,
Old 06-10-2012, 08:16 PM   #4
toddos
Guru
toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nokia Lumia 920 (Freda)
Just to be clear, if you remount using nobrl does it work and you're just asking how to make it always mount that way? Or you're not sure how to mount as nobrl in the first place?

First, this is not a calibre issue but a Samba/OS X issue, so there's not really anything calibre can do about it. The linked post shows how to do that for other *nix-based systems that support /etc/fstab, but OS X apparently has deprecated fstab in favor of using automounter instead. So you just need to figure out how to configure SMB mount options for automounter. I don't have an OS X machine so I couldn't tell you how to do that, but I bet google knows.
toddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:44 AM   #5
luoto

Thanks. To be clear it was a "I don''t know how" in OSX type of thing. Is it a "fault" with the type of database used (not that I am casting blame or expecting a change). I think I can get an AFP connection if that helps. I will do some more googling as well over the weekend else will just have to stick with an extra drive locally which is less ideal but safer for the data than me messing under the hood !

Kind regards and thanks

Tags
calibre, database, nas, osx