Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
sanja8888
sanja8888 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Red face end of the world 2012 type books?

Hi guys!

I am looking for a good book to read about the end of the world coming, the apocolypse, 2012 mayan prophecies, atlantis ... so not post apocolyptic but an apocolypse coming.

I have read Decipher by Stel Pavlo and it is absolutely my favourite book! I am currently reading Raising Atlantis. So those types of books... any ideas?
sanja8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
BenBanned
Groupie
BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenBanned ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paper
Where you listening to coast last night?
BenBanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:47 AM   #3
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
The supposed 2012 end of the world isn't happening. See the 2012 Wikipedia article on why.

Total misinterpretations and made up stories not supported by any evidence or scientific fact.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
The supposed 2012 end of the world isn't happening. See the 2012 Wikipedia article on why.

Total misinterpretations and made up stories not supported by any evidence or scientific fact.
Come on, don't spoil the fun. My daughters eighteenth birthday is December 21, 2012. If that's not the end of the world, I don't know what is.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:45 PM   #5
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Check out Steve Alten's "Domain." I liked most of it... then it spiralled into heavy SF-approaching-fantasy and got too weird, lol.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
Come on, don't spoil the fun. My daughters eighteenth birthday is December 21, 2012. If that's not the end of the world, I don't know what is.
LOL.....that made my day! Yeah, that's the end of the world for you at least.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
DrScotter
I'm a Llama!
DrScotter began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Thanks for the recommendations but I'm still partying like its 1999.
DrScotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:27 PM   #8
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:

Doesn't matter, it's just for fun! Who doesn't love a few car crashes, sword fights, dopey sex, God, and nuclear explosions? Especially if they get all rolled up into one story?
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #9
Keryl Raist
Zealot
Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Keryl Raist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for PC
Quote:

But the X-Files said that's when the alien invasion and all the rest of the stuff was supposed to come to a head! (Or at least had the Cigarette Smoking Man hint at it really heavily.)
Keryl Raist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:25 AM   #10
Witchbaby
Connoisseur
Witchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheeseWitchbaby can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle2
I really enjoyed Rogue Wave by Boyd Morrison. It's a very tense (in a good way!) read.

From the author's website:
Quote:
Honolulu, Hawaii. Tourist Paradise. Hell on Earth.

Over the remote central Pacific, an airliner halfway through its Memorial Day flight from Los Angeles to Sydney is suddenly rocked by a massive explosion. Despite the pilot’s valiant efforts, the blast sends it plummeting into the ocean, leaving no witnesses to the fireball.

Kai Tanaka, the new and untested director of the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center in Honolulu, notes a minor seismic disturbance in that region but doesn’t make the connection with the lost airplane. There’s no reason to be worried about his wife, who is the manager of a luxury hotel, or his daughter, who is enjoying the sunny holiday morning at Waikiki with friends.

But when all contact with Christmas Island and its 3000 inhabitants is lost, Kai is the first to realize that Hawaii faces a catastrophe of epic proportions: in one hour, a series of massive waves will wipe out Honolulu. He has just sixty minutes to save the lives of a million people, including his wife and daughter…
Witchbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:34 PM   #11
v1k1ng1001
Addict
v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.v1k1ng1001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 620
Go read some non-fiction books on peak oil or environmental degradation. They are far more terrifying than anything else you will come across.

v1k1ng1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:41 PM   #12
sanja8888
sanja8888 began at the beginning.

Device: none
thanks for the replys! i dont read these books coz i want the world to end, i just think they are kinda fun? lol i dont believe in 2012 either but u never know and its fun to think about it =) ..for me at least!

I like the suggestions and I will look into them!!! =D
sanja8888 is offline   Reply With Quote