Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Chose between the following two choices:
The Princess Bride by William Goldman 22 53.66%
Idle Thoughts Of An Idle Fellow by Jerome K. Jerome 19 46.34%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #31
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
The Princess Bride is now available at the FLP.
The FLP?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #32
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
The FLP?
Free Library of Philadelphia. http://freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com...en/Default.htm

That was very nice of them. My local library's e-book service also just added it. I would still rather read a book that I have not seen the film of, but it is good that I will be able to obtain Princess Bride as an ebook if it wins.

Last edited by Hamlet53; 03-28-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Advert
Old 03-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #33
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, thanks Hamlet. Not much use for us then .

In fact, I can't find an ebook version of Princess Bride on Amazon over here. Will have to look further afield...
Old 03-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #34
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:

Well... I believe there are non-U.S. members using the library. I believe "anyone" can join for a fee of $US35.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:02 AM   #35
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Well... I believe there are non-U.S. members using the library. I believe "anyone" can join for a fee of $US35.
Interesting...now how badly do I want an ecopy of the book ?
Advert
Old 03-28-2012, 10:58 AM   #36
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Princess Bride must have been added very recently at FLP. I looked for it during nominations. but no luck. Now the wait line is building...
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:32 AM   #37
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Princess Bride must have been added very recently at FLP. I looked for it during nominations. but no luck. Now the wait line is building...
I requested it Monday, and they said they would add it. How's that for service.

If you want an ebook added, just ask. They've added every ebook I've requested, and always ask if there is anything else I want added.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #38
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
I requested it Monday, and they said they would add it. How's that for service.

If you want an ebook added, just ask. They've added every ebook I've requested, and always ask if there is anything else I want added.
Does your online Libary have a place to request items, or do you just us the "Contact Us"?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #39
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Does your online Libary have a place to request items, or do you just us the "Contact Us"?
I'm a member at two libraries, FLP and a local.

For FLP, I started at the contact us (that's what I did). I lost the original email reply, so now just keep replying to the same ticket number, and they seem fine with that.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #40
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm a member at two libraries, FLP and a local.

For FLP, I started at the contact us (that's what I did). I lost the original email reply, so now just keep replying to the same ticket number, and they seem fine with that.
Great. I thought they had to have the "Request Item" that some online library's have.

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #41
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
uhm, perhaps I should not admit it publicly, but I had never heard of The Princess Bride before in either book or movie form - and the blurb of it does not appeal to me one bit -so trying to tip the scale toward Idle Thoughts
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:58 AM   #42
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
uhm, perhaps I should not admit it publicly, but I had never heard of The Princess Bride before in either book or movie form - and the blurb of it does not appeal to me one bit -so trying to tip the scale toward Idle Thoughts
I am so relieved! I had never heard of it either! Maybe mainly a US/Canada thing?
Old 03-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #43
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
The movie still has something of a cult following here. Never read the book but put one on hold at the library though I voted for the book I helped to nominate instead, free epub already in my elibrary.

Last edited by hpulley; 03-29-2012 at 06:25 AM.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:33 PM   #44
Asawi
Gadgetoholic

Closer than I thought it would be!
Will read the Princess Bride when I get it from the library, but that won't be for quite some time yet.
May read Idle thought before that!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #45
The Terminator
Retired

Quote:

In fact, I can't find an ebook version of Princess Bride on Amazon over here. Will have to look further afield...
Try Kobo maybe, that's where I got my copy. And you can probably use the coupon c4auto40 for forty percent off.