Notices

Old 06-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #61
mfruecht
mfruecht began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
OK, let's see how this goes...
If all goes well there should be a attachment containing a Calibre plugin with this functionality. Hopefully this makes a few bits and pieces like finding the ASIN easier (assuming I got it right!)
The plugin is just a port to Python of the logic from shinew's original script - I haven't really done anything clever on top of that. The structure of the plugin is taken from the APNX Generator.
Please consider it alpha software.
Hello! I installed your plugin and have gotten it to work on only a few books. I generally get this error: Could Not Find ASIN In Book. Is there a way to fix this for these books? The only book I have had any sort of success with was a book on the philosophy of the show Arrested Development and even then it wasn't actually helpful. Perhaps I am doing something wrong? Please help me if you can. Thanks for the hard work!
mfruecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #62
mfruecht
mfruecht began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfruecht View Post
Hello! I installed your plugin and have gotten it to work on only a few books. I generally get this error: Could Not Find ASIN In Book. Is there a way to fix this for these books? The only book I have had any sort of success with was a book on the philosophy of the show Arrested Development and even then it wasn't actually helpful. Perhaps I am doing something wrong? Please help me if you can. Thanks for the hard work!
Okie dokie I looked and saw how to put ASIN's on manually with mobi2mobi so now I don't get the ASIN error while using your plugin. But now when I go into xray on my kindle it says: Xray Is Not Available for This Book. Any idea how to fix this one? Thanks!
mfruecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2012, 03:06 AM   #63
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfruecht View Post
Okie dokie I looked and saw how to put ASIN's on manually with mobi2mobi so now I don't get the ASIN error while using your plugin. But now when I go into xray on my kindle it says: Xray Is Not Available for This Book. Any idea how to fix this one? Thanks!
Unfortunately, not really. All the plugin does is to port the web version listed on the front page. So you could try using that version and see if there are any differences in the files created. (I don't actually have a Touch myself so I can't try it out.)
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:39 PM   #64
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
How about the option to enter the ASIN manually into a textbox if no ASIN is found in the book itself? That would allow to create the X-ray file without editing the book.
Would that be possible?
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #65
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
How about the option to enter the ASIN manually into a textbox if no ASIN is found in the book itself? That would allow to create the X-ray file without editing the book.
Would that be possible?
As far as I know, the format relies on there being an ASIN. You can't have XRay for a book without an ASIN.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Advert
Old 07-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #66
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
What is the status of the x-ray plug-in for Calibre? Is is working?
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:27 AM   #67
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Another vote her for a working Calibre plugin!
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #68
mjwilson
Connoisseur

So far I've only seen replies from one person who's tried the plugin (who wasn't able to get it to work).

Has anyone here managed to get it working? It'd be great to hear if you have.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #69
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can't get the web generator to work either - I plug in my KT, user mobi2mobi to browse to the .azw file on the Kindle, and put the ASIN, Database Name and uniqid EXACTLY as it is in mobi2mobi into the web site, with the Shelfari and Wikipedia URL, and generate the file. I put it in the correct sdr folder, and on the KT the XRay button IS available, but it ALWAYS says "XRay is not available in this book".
Old 07-16-2012, 03:14 PM   #70
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
So far I've only seen replies from one person who's tried the plugin (who wasn't able to get it to work).

Has anyone here managed to get it working? It'd be great to hear if you have.
I tried it about a month or so ago. It works, but as I recall, it wasn't quite as cleanly formatted as the X-Ray enabled books I've bought from Amazon.
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #71
gers1978
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by silasgreenback View Post
I tried it about a month or so ago. It works, but as I recall, it wasn't quite as cleanly formatted as the X-Ray enabled books I've bought from Amazon.
How did you get it to work? Did you use the .azw/.mobi file on the Kindle itself? Or the one in your Calibre library?

My problem is all the books in my Calibre library are mobi. To get them onto my Kindle I email them from Calibre to my Kindle email address. However this means that on the Kindle itself they become .azw and not .mobi files, and they have different ASINs and Database Names than the version still in my Calibre library.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #72
silasgreenback
New Leaf Turner
silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silasgreenback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
How did you get it to work? Did you use the .azw/.mobi file on the Kindle itself? Or the one in your Calibre library?
I really can't quite remember and I've since uninstalled the plugin. A little tinkering one way or the other should get you there.

As far as mailing the books to your Kindle, I don't see a way that would work out as far as bringing along the X-ray file too.

If you haven't gotten very familiar with Calibre, I'd recommend that you do some experimenting with it; you'll wind up with much better ebooks than letting Amazon take care of the formatting.

Good luck and happy reading!
silasgreenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #73
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Quote:

My problem is all the books in my Calibre library are mobi. To get them onto my Kindle I email them from Calibre to my Kindle email address. However this means that on the Kindle itself they become .azw and not .mobi files, and they have different ASINs and Database Names than the version still in my Calibre library.
I'm pretty sure you'd need to transfer the files over USB.
Old 07-19-2012, 04:01 PM   #74
gers1978
Addict

I can get it workin if I transfer over USB, however every character or place I click on simply shows "ad>" as the result?
Old 07-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #75
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Quote:
I can get it workin if I transfer over USB, however every character or place I click on simply shows "ad>" as the result?
Does this happen with just one book or many?

Are you able to upload the xray file somewhere? Just in case there's anything obviously wrong with it.

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray