Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #1
t-town
Connoisseur
t-town began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
amazon sleeve vs. m-edge GO

I can't decide which one of them is better, does anyone have experience with them?
How firm are they.
Ps: the Amazon one costs me 30 EUR, the m-edge costs 35 EUR.

Last edited by t-town; 12-05-2009 at 05:40 PM.
t-town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-town View Post
I can't decide which one of them is better, does anyone have experience with them?
How firm are they.
I haven't tried the sleeve, but I have the m-edge go in purple for my K2 and I love it, it is gorgeous and can be folded back when you read. It has hinges to keep the K2 well fixed. I can definitely recommend it !
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I dont have a sleeve either, but I think it is safer to have the book style that automatically covers your kindle rather than remembering to always put it back in the sleeve. I dont need/want to read with a 'naked' kindle but some people do. I bought an Oberon cover, but have just this hour purchased the MEdge Go. Currently selling on Amazon for $29.99 I have the Amazon reader too, but was concerned about the hinge and it doesnt seem to offer much padded protection.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 09:04 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
How firm are they.
Neither is worth it. It's a sleeve. It's rather useless to be honest. What you need is a cover. A sleeve will not protect your reader when you have it out of the sleeve and the reader is naked. You need a cover to keep it protected. And then ther eis the issue of what to do with the sleeve when you are carrying the reader with you away from home and you take it out of the sleeve to read something. Just get a good cover and forget sleeves exist.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 10:59 AM   #5
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Neither is worth it. It's a sleeve. It's rather useless to be honest. What you need is a cover. A sleeve will not protect your reader when you have it out of the sleeve and the reader is naked. You need a cover to keep it protected. And then ther eis the issue of what to do with the sleeve when you are carrying the reader with you away from home and you take it out of the sleeve to read something. Just get a good cover and forget sleeves exist.

Jon... the M-Edge Go is a cover, not a sleeve....
Old 12-06-2009, 01:48 PM   #6
t-town
Connoisseur

omg, ok, I mean the covers.
Sorry (lousy English)
Old 12-06-2009, 09:59 PM   #7
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
omg, ok, I mean the covers.
Sorry (lousy English)
OK, I am confused, The M Edge cover is a padded cover. Are you suggesting it isnt good protection? Have you seen it?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:47 AM   #8
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
OK, I am confused, The M Edge cover is a padded cover. Are you suggesting it isnt good protection? Have you seen it?
The M-Edge GO is a padded in a book format, and is a very good protection. It just does not have a latch to maintain it securely closed, but I do not need one.

here the cover:
http://www.medgestore.com/products/kindle2-go.psp
Old 12-07-2009, 07:40 AM   #9
t-town
Connoisseur

I am asking which one you guys find better:
1. the amazon kindle cover (link
2. the m-edge go link

With the extra information that the amazon is going to cost 30 EUR and the m-edge 35.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:00 AM   #10
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I can't speak to either of those covers, but comparing the medge prodigy with the Amazon cover, the medge is far superior
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:10 PM   #11
KarlB
Enthusiast
KarlB began at the beginning.

Device: clay tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
... It's a sleeve. It's rather useless to be honest. What you need is a cover. A sleeve will not protect your reader when you have it out of the sleeve and the reader is naked.
Personally, I like having my Kindle in it's slim, sexy, undressed self when I'm reading. I have a sleeve to protect my K when it's lying around the house, susceptible to being knocked off a table, having things dropped on it, etc.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #12
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlB View Post
Personally, I like having my Kindle in it's slim, sexy, undressed self when I'm reading. I have a sleeve to protect my K when it's lying around the house, susceptible to being knocked off a table, having things dropped on it, etc.
I do too. but when we go out in public I have a cover. it is easy to flip it open and read when/wherever and not have to juggle with the sleeve. it also makes it possible to kind of hide what you are doing if you are in one of "those" situations
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #13
Pushka
Wizard

Quote:

With the extra information that the amazon is going to cost 30 EUR and the m-edge 35.
Just last week I bought M Edge Go for $29US through Amazon, which is much cheaper than your quote.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:07 AM   #14
Joerg_Mosthaf
Connoisseur
Joerg_Mosthaf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2i, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Just last week I bought M Edge Go for $29US through Amazon, which is much cheaper than your quote.
Yeah well, but when you add shipping to europe - which is probably where the op lives as he quotes prices in euro - ordering at amazon(.com) looks more like this:
Code:
Order #2: M-Edge Accessories
Subtotal of Items:            EUR 20,80
Shipping & Handling:          EUR 16,02
                              ---------
Total for this Order:         EUR 36,82
As I found out when I accidentally ordered an M-Edge Go with my Kindle without checking the shipping costs

Still, and to get back on topic, I love my M-Edge Go! cover very much, it is very nice and of a great build quality and it has IMHO (at least) one advantage over the Amazon cover - it uses elastic bands in addition to the hinge system to hold the Kindle in place. This eliminates the risk to crack open the case when opening it the wrong way, whis seems to be a problem with the Amazon case (or so I've read).
Also it smells nice
Joerg_Mosthaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #15
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I have the M-Edge Go cover. I think it's great. It's slim but it still protects your device.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote