Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-01-2008, 09:17 AM   #1
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
PRS-505 On Sale - $199

Cyber Monday Special: Best Buy

Link to Sale

It appears to be today only..and it's not valid in store.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #2
bornmw
bornmw began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sold out...

'Sold out online' - doesn't it mean they're still selling in stores?
bornmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Do they have a raincheck policy?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 12:34 PM   #4
bornmw

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Do they have a raincheck policy?
I doubt that a one-day sale is liable to rain checks.
And what sucks the most is that this is the second sale that I'm missing just b/c I still can't decide between 505 and jetBook (the first one was jetBook for 189$ on NewEgg).
Old 12-01-2008, 12:40 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornmw View Post
I doubt that a one-day sale is liable to rain checks.
And what sucks the most is that this is the second sale that I'm missing just b/c I still can't decide between 505 and jetBook (the first one was jetBook for 189$ on NewEgg).
If it helps - and this is just my opinion - I think the 505 will have the most lasting power. I think the format will be stable for a while to come. But that is just my opinion. I almost got one yesterday at Best Buy, but just got a laptop for reading instead. Eye problems are forcing me to search for larger and larger fonts.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2008, 03:36 PM   #6
bornmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
If it helps - and this is just my opinion - I think the 505 will have the most lasting power.
Power is one thing, I'm more concerned about the size... jetBook fits in a pocket which is very good, but I still can't decide if 1 inch difference in displays matters to my eyes.
Thanks for you input though

Last edited by bornmw; 12-01-2008 at 03:48 PM. Reason: forgot to thank
Old 12-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #7
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bornmw View Post
I'm more concerned about the size... jetBook fits in a pocket which is very good
My 505 fits in some pockets, generally coat pockets, without a problem. Definitely doesn't fit in my pants pockets . But more importantly -- especially as I wouldn't want to carry my 505 in a pant pocket for comfort reasons if no other -- it easily fits in a waist pack, which is what I use when I'm not wearing a coat.

Last edited by rhadin; 12-02-2008 at 09:51 AM.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:41 PM   #8
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Best Cyber Monday deal I've seen so far today
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #9
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I like my jetBook (I have it for 6 month already) and I can recommend it for people who need real pocket size unit with good quality screen.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote