Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #241
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Device: Kobo Glo
eXitenZ, I had the exact same problem, down to the percentages and the version numbers. Try doing what I did; revert back ro 2.6.1b, then upgrade from there. It worked for me, perhaps it might wotk for you too.
Joques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #242
Angemon
Enthusiast
Angemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joques View Post
eXitenZ, I had the exact same problem, down to the percentages and the version numbers. Try doing what I did; revert back ro 2.6.1b, then upgrade from there. It worked for me, perhaps it might wotk for you too.
That did the trick for me. Factory Reset to 2.5 > 2.61b > 2.10, and no more light rolling down to 1%. Thank you very much!
Angemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #243
Joques
Addict
Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.Joques is my name, but call me Ishmael.

Cool!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #244
ploum
Zealot
ploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueploum can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3 + koreader
Hello,

I manually updated my Kobo Glo to 2.10, eager to try Pocket integration. I'm currently witnessing something odd :*when I want to "close" a book by lightly pressing the upper switch, it takes between 6 or 7 seconds before the cover appears. It is really slow. I don't think it was the case with 2.8.

Am I the only one witnessing that?
ploum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #245
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploum View Post
Hello,

I manually updated my Kobo Glo to 2.10, eager to try Pocket integration. I'm currently witnessing something odd :*when I want to "close" a book by lightly pressing the upper switch, it takes between 6 or 7 seconds before the cover appears. It is really slow. I don't think it was the case with 2.8.

Am I the only one witnessing that?
Welcome to the crowd! So far, it seems to depend on the number of books on the device. When I remove the uSD card from my Aura HD, the sleep is almost instant, with the card in, it takes around 7 seconds.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #246
Angemon
Enthusiast
Angemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to beholdAngemon is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angemon View Post
That did the trick for me. Factory Reset to 2.5 > 2.61b > 2.10, and no more light rolling down to 1%. Thank you very much!
Scratch that, it came back somewhere while or after syncing and copying some books with Calibre.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:06 PM   #247
Joques
Addict

Oh no! Happily it has stayed gone for me.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #248
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
In Australia and still no update for me...
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #249
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
In Australia and still no update for me...
Judging from the comments on the release, this may not be such a bad thing...
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #250
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Welcome to the crowd! So far, it seems to depend on the number of books on the device. When I remove the uSD card from my Aura HD, the sleep is almost instant, with the card in, it takes around 7 seconds.

Regards,
David
You know, it really does seem that either the Kobo developers don't talk to each other, or there is such a high turnover that the new guys keep making the same mistakes that have already been made and fixed.

Who in their right mind would require a scanning of the books on board when trying to put the device to sleep?

Maybe Kobo should have outsourced the firmware to Ireland...
Old 11-08-2013, 09:34 PM   #251
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
It's taking four seconds for me, with no SD card and about 500 books in the device. But I usually sleep/unsleep it with a Sleepcover, so I've never noticed it up till now when I specifically tried it.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:48 AM   #252
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Judging from the comments on the release, this may not be such a bad thing...
Really? I haven't gotten that impression at all. Compared to previous releases the impressions seem to be overwhelmingly positive.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:39 AM   #253
Joques
Addict

I agree with Canuck. I am for the most part very happy - but I'd be even happier if I understood the "infection vector" of the light bug.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #254
Angemon
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joques View Post
I agree with Canuck. I am for the most part very happy - but I'd be even happier if I understood the "infection vector" of the light bug.
I think it triggers when for some reason the light is set to 1%. I did the 2.61b > 2.10 again and it got fixed until i manually set the light to 1%.
Old 11-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #255
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Really? I haven't gotten that impression at all. Compared to previous releases the impressions seem to be overwhelmingly positive.
I find the new light and sleep features very annoying.