Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
gatorman
gatorman began at the beginning.

Device: none
space between paragraphs

I am trying to create a space between paragraphs. It looks good in Sigil but when I open it ADE there are no spaces. Any help please. Thanks,
gatorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Do not try adding blank lines, just add something like this to the stylesheet:

p { margin-top: 0.5em; }
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorman View Post
I am trying to create a space between paragraphs. It looks good in Sigil but when I open it ADE there are no spaces. Any help please. Thanks,
I haven't used ADE for a while, but if I remember correctly, the following statement in the css file worked fine. You can adjust it as needed for margin-bottom and text-indent.

Code:
p, div {
	margin-top: 0;
	margin-bottom: 2px;
	margin-right: 0;
	margin-left: 0;
	text-indent: 1.5em;
}
Charlie
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Just to throw another log in

I prefer to split my 'standard (indented, For flush para , I add .3 more to the top) paragraph' margins up, so no matter What a previous or following paragraph does, there is some margin.

Code:
p { margin-top: 0.5em; margin-bottom: .5em }  /* 1em between para  */
I also recommend using em values that scale with zoom except for those special cases (usually images) that want a fixed spacing, no matter what zoom level on the reader
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote