Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-16-2023, 02:54 PM   #16
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Well, this is my latest "cheat sheet". Please add corrections:

Edit: Here is the table with links: http://www.temblast.com/ref/onyx.htm

Last edited by Renate; 08-18-2023 at 05:00 PM.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2023, 04:08 AM   #17
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Add:
Tab Mini C, 7.8, 300, 1404x1872, Kaleido 3, 11.0, SDM662, 4, 64, UFS
Tab Ultra C, 10.3, 300, 1680x2480, Kaleido 3, 11.0, SDM662, 4, 128, UFS
Palma, 6.13, 300, 824x1684, Carta 1200, 11.0, SDM662, 6, 128, UFS

Tab Ultra C and Palma have SD.

I donot know, what A/B is.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2023, 07:06 AM   #18
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Add:
I do not know, what A/B is.
That's if it has A/B system slots.
Thanks for the additions.
Old 08-17-2023, 09:15 AM   #19
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
That's if it has A/B system slots.
Thanks for the additions.
Tab Ultra has SD.
Exclusive GPU - Lattice CertusPro-NX (Advanced General Purpose FPGA, LFCPNX-100) + Winbond (1 GB Ram) - with "Super Refresh Technology": all Tab devices and Palma.

Carta 1200: Leaf 2, Poke 5, Tab Ultra
Carta 1250: Tab X

Last edited by ottischwenk; 08-17-2023 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-17-2023, 02:31 PM   #20
Renate
Wizard

For those who like things a bit more graphic...

Last edited by Renate; 08-18-2023 at 04:59 PM.
Advert
Old 08-18-2023, 03:12 PM   #21
popej
Connoisseur
popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox leaf 2 black
Leaf2 has SD.

Not sure what you mean by GPU. All these Qualcomm chips include GPU:
SMD662 -> Adreno 610 GPU
SMD636 -> Adreno 509 GPU
QCS2290 -> Adreno 702 GPU

Not sure, is this a new model: Onyx Boox Page?

Looks like Leaf2 with better CPU.

Last edited by popej; 08-18-2023 at 03:21 PM.
popej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 04:09 PM   #22
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by popej View Post
Leaf2 has SD.
Thanks
Quote:
Not sure what you mean by GPU.
I mean the custom Boox GPU, not the built-in Qualcomm one.
Since I don't have much info, I don't know what I mean either.
Quote:
Not sure, is this a new model:
Yes, https://shop.boox.com/products/page

Sings, "I wish I were special..."
https://shop.boox.com/products/boox-...43861135065318

Last edited by Renate; 08-18-2023 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-18-2023, 08:35 PM   #23
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
All the newer and bigger Onyx use UFS 2.1
It's unfortunate that Onyx doesn't make a top-of-the-line 6" ereader.
I guess that they presume the reason people buy 6" ereaders is that they are just trying to buy the cheapest device.

My old 6" poke pro is quicker than my 7.8" nova pro. Same gen.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2023, 12:59 AM   #24
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
I mean the custom Boox GPU, not the built-in Qualcomm one.
Since I don't have much info, I don't know what I mean either.
All Boox Tab devices and the Palma have the BOOX Super Refresh Technology (the refresh designations are also named differently), which is effected by the "unique GPU".
In terms of hardware, it consists of a Lattice CertusPro-NX (LFCPNX-100 19x19) and a Winbond W631GU6NB
Quote:
Sings, "I wish I were special..."
https://shop.boox.com/products/boox-...43861135065318
I saw it, had to have it, and now I have it

Last edited by ottischwenk; 08-19-2023 at 01:07 AM.
Old 08-19-2023, 07:11 AM   #25
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
My old 6" poke pro is quicker than my 7.8" nova pro. Same gen.
Yes, it would be. The 7.8" has 70% more pixels. With the same eInk interface that makes a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I saw it, had to have it, and now I have it
You don't have that one. It's special. Look closer.
Old 08-19-2023, 09:07 AM   #26
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
You don't have that one. It's special. Look closer.
I donot have BOOX Palma for Karen X.Cheng - I have Boox Palma for my name

Last edited by ottischwenk; 08-20-2023 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-20-2023, 06:00 AM   #27
popej
Connoisseur
popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox leaf 2 black
Quote:
I mean the custom Boox GPU
Some description form Tab Mini C page: "The new graphic processor with BOOX Super Refresh technology provides increased screen refresh speed and smooth movement of objects on the screen."

Maybe better call it BSR instead of GPU?
popej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 06:33 AM   #28
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Some description form Tab Mini C page: "The new graphic processor with BOOX Super Refresh technology provides increased screen refresh speed and smooth movement of objects on the screen."

Graphic Processing Unit (Hardware) - Boox Super Refresh (Software)
Old 08-20-2023, 11:48 AM   #29
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:

It isn't a GPU by any means.

It is more likely an EPDC with some logic (hw logic via a FPGA) that updates the e-ink screen based on refresh mode and whatever the FPGA holds it their memory (previous representation on what's on the screen).

The GPU pipeline happens before that, so the framebuffer always holds the last frame rendered on time, whether that frame is drawn to the e-ink screen or not is what this BSR decides to do.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 12:52 PM   #30
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
It isn't a GPU by any means.
Look.