Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #181
feedbakbwr
Redwood Original
feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.feedbakbwr is far, far better than a slap in the face with a wet fish.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
How about a way to send books to our Wifi Kobo's via a server like Calibre or via an email.
feedbakbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #182
moffattm
Addict
moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.moffattm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayupark View Post
5. Picture viewer
It already displays images, just need to create a folder in the root directory called Documents and then load up your images in there and they will show up in the Documents section of the Kobo.
moffattm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 06:17 PM   #183
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Did Kobo fix the bug in font embedding?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:37 PM   #184
jayupark
Enthusiast
jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.jayupark is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kindle 3G, Kobo wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did Kobo fix the bug in font embedding?
No clue, did you have any luck with it?

Hopefully an actual Kobo rep is reading this thread and firmware 2.0 will be a HUGE upgrade.

1.9 was alright, but the Kobo can be sooo much better with just a few simple tweaks.

Last edited by jayupark; 03-28-2011 at 07:39 PM.
jayupark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:11 AM   #185
Andreiuta
Zealot
Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
After only a couple of days of checking it out, I have a few nice-to-have-feature list:

* basic search capabilities
* organizing capabilities (in custom folders)
* in the Book Menu, an extra category "By Collection."

I'm sure there will be others, but this is what I've noticed so far.
Andreiuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-29-2011, 09:29 PM   #186
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
Only two things I can think of after having it for two or so weeks now. I dislike how it comes on when I plug the USB cable in and ask whether or not I want to organize my library or continue reading. In reality, if I plug it in while it's turned off, I would prefer it to stay off as I'm only charging it. One other thing, when I'm in the middle of reading a book and I turn it off, I would prefer it to return to that book when I switch it on instead of the menu screen. These may not have to necessarily be default options, but it would be nice if these could be changed in the settings somehow so you can do some customizing to your own preferences.

Last edited by IcecreamLtDan; 03-31-2011 at 07:09 PM.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:08 PM   #187
leercm
leercm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, Viewsonic JinYong Reader
1. Asian fonts
2. Goto page number
3. Simple web browser
leercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:09 PM   #188
rckytcky
rckytcky began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi
If a web browser is added to a future firmware, I think it would be great if the browser had parental controls to disable web access.

I had never really paid much attention to these eReaders until a friend showed me his new Kindle. Not too long after I started thinking how great having one of these devices would be. Before heading on over to Amazon to place an order, I searched around to find if the browser on the Kindle had parental controls for web access. NOPE! Seems there are plenty of others who wish the Kindle browser had that feature as well. I decided to opt for an eReader without a web browser and picked up the Kobo WiFi. If Kobo does decide to include a web browser some day, please consider adding parental controls.
rckytcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:29 AM   #189
lindaf
lindaf doesn't litterlindaf doesn't litter

Device: kobo 1 and kobo wifi
Where and how do you get the new firmwares?
lindaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #190
Andreiuta
Zealot
Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Adding to my list:
4) The ability to mark books as read even if I didn't read them on Kobo. (This is an important request for me since occasionally I buy eBooks that I first read in hardcopy or I modify the metadata in Calibre after reading the book.)
5) The ability to see the metadata on Kobo (comments, tags, ratings).
6) The ability to remove books from the "I'm reading" list without completing them.
Old 04-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #191
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreiuta
2. Goto page number
4. The ability to mark books as read even if I didn't read them on Kobo. (This is an important request for me since occasionally I buy eBooks that I first read in hardcopy or I modify the metadata in Calibre after reading the book.)
6. The ability to remove books from the "I'm reading" list without completing them.
Latest V1.9 for Kobo WiFi has all these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaf
Where and how do you get the new firmwares?
New firmware V1.9 is for the Kobo WiFi only. Both the desktop software and firmware for the reader will prompt you to load when you connect with USB cable to desktop, or when you connect with WiFi.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #192
Andreiuta
Zealot

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr View Post
Latest V1.9 for Kobo WiFi has all these.

New firmware V1.9 is for the Kobo WiFi only. Both the desktop software and firmware for the reader will prompt you to load when you connect with USB cable to desktop, or when you connect with WiFi.

ltr
Thank you, ltr! Maybe a need to spend a little more time playing with this version. I do have v1.9 (released on March 13th) but I've seen none of these features. Do they work for Kobo-books only?
Old 04-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #193
Andreiuta
Zealot

Never mind, I figured it out.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #194
ArmorDog
Connoisseur
ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ArmorDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi and Kobo Touch and Kobo Glo and Kobo H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by feedbakbwr View Post
How about a way to send books to our Wifi Kobo's via a server like Calibre or via an email.
I want this.
ArmorDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:20 AM   #195
MechR
Connoisseur
MechR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Here's my current wishlist, mostly related to PDF/image viewing:
  • Hide or autohide the title-and-page bar. This should make 100% landscape-view appreciably more readable.
  • At 125%, auto-center each page horizontally.
  • Custom zoom %. Auto-center anything less than 125%.
  • Accept multi-clicks on the D-pad and skip the intermediate steps (at least within one page).
  • Alternatively, custom scroll distance. I'd like to jump farther.
  • Custom sleep/off images
  • Sort by folder/directory.

Last edited by MechR; 04-06-2011 at 01:29 AM.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo