Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Cropping PDFs with Mac's Preview

Trying to get rid of headers, footers and page numbers by cropping the multi-page PDF in Preview. I then want to select all the text and paste it into a TXT or RTF file. Problem is that even though I have cropped the image, when I select all the text of the document it still copies all the cropped data. Even though you can't see it, its still there in the background. Very strange! Is there a way round it?
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:58 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbible View Post
Trying to get rid of headers, footers and page numbers by cropping the multi-page PDF in Preview. I then want to select all the text and paste it into a TXT or RTF file. Problem is that even though I have cropped the image, when I select all the text of the document it still copies all the cropped data. Even though you can't see it, its still there in the background. Very strange! Is there a way round it?
Cropping just hides things. It doesn't delete them. You'll need to use the remove header/footer options.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
I tried to use it but its always a pain to use with those expressions.

I just tried Briss on PC and it seems to do the trick, but I couldn't get it to launch on my Mac.
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote