Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-15-2010, 12:29 AM   #1
Esquire1
Banned
Esquire1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3 wifi; PRS-500 (gone); iPad NOT for reading e-books ;)
Email password showing during Test email under Sharing?

If you configure sharing books by email, you have to put in your email password. That's fine as it hides the password, unless you check the box to show. My issue is when you hit Test email. It shows "Using xyzemail:password@smtpblahblah.com"

Does it need to actually show the email and password? Am I missing an option to remove that? It is a security issue.

This is the OSX version of the software. :thanks:
Esquire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Its there to help you debug problems (more precisely it's there so I don't have to waste my time answering posts from people that enter incorrect passwords and then have the test fail).
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert