Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
Broken Reader, is it worth selling?

My Sony PRS - 505 is broken. Part of the screen no longer updates. Everything else works perfectly on it.

Just wondering, anyone think it is worth selling on ebay. Would anyone want to buy a part broken ereader??
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:09 PM   #2
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
You could certainly try but I can't imagine somebody wanting a reader with a broken screen. If you were going to sell it for parts then the part everyone would be looking for was a new screen.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 03:59 AM   #3
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
Thanks. I might not bother then. It just pains me to see it sat there, unwanted
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #4
kmclane
kmclane began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
Let me relieve your pain, I may be interested in aquiring your broken Prs-505.
I am not sure if I can save mine with the working parts in yours, but it would be worth a couple of bucks to try.
kmclane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #5
Delmore53
Delmore53 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Question Trouble with screen on PRS-505

I need some advice on what could be wrong with this reader.My daughter has one that the screen has grayed out with lines thru out it.I am trying to charge it the light is red at this time,so I can attempt to try re-setting it.She says it has not been dropped.Shows no sign of being in water.Do not know what to do with this reader....HELP!!!!

Thanks for any assistance with this issue,
Delmore53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I believe that for $107 you can send it into Sony and get a refurbished unit back. Give Sony a call.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote