Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Hands up if you got Dan Brown for Christmas!

I got The Lost Symbol in hardcover..
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
After watching the last movie Angels and Daemons I couldn't resist any more and broke down and got Devinci Code, A&D and the Lost symbol just before Christmas. I just finished the Devinci Code. Pretty interesting reading!
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
It wasn't for Christmas, but I bought the Lost Symbol ebook a few days ago, and am 3/4 through it. It's a page turner all right, I was up till two last night!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #4
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootman View Post
I just finished the Devinci Code. Pretty interesting reading!
Very unpopular opinion.
Although, I did like it too. I even bought an illustrated edition half way through the book.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:10 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Very unpopular opinion.
Although, I did like it too. I even bought an illustrated edition half way through the book.
Excellent book. Utter garbage factually of course, but still a superb thriller, IMHO. Pity they made such a ghastly film version of it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Excellent book. Utter garbage factually of course, but still a superb thriller, IMHO. Pity they made such a ghastly film version of it.
I am not qualified to discuss factual side. I liked it but then I am no history expert Yes, the movie was rubbish.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #7
-walsh-
Enthusiast
-walsh- began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I bought the lost symbol ebook, very good so far, had to force myself to put it down to eat somthing!
-walsh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #8
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Oh, I see, you mean the book, not actually Dan Brown?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:25 PM   #9
Littermate
Becalmed
Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.Littermate got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Two Sony PRS505 (Breeding pair)
Just finished reading the book (The Lost Symbol). It was absurd but a fun read, and gave me a few giggles.

At one point the evil do-badder is in his Sanctum Sanctorum fiddling with vials of blood and stuff. This room is exactly 12 foot square. In the centre of this room is a big stone table. The table is 7 foot square. This leaves 2 and a half feet of wiggle room on each side. There is an end table off to one side and a shelf, containing all his nefarious ritual things. Now, this is a B-I-G man, heavy and muscled and bulky. And he performs all of his rituals and naughty things in this room, which surely hasn't even enough oxygen.

So here he is in my imagination wiggling round this little room with its big table, back against the wall as he shuffles sideways trying not to knock stuff over and spill the blood as he performs his rituals...the image made me laugh out loud and kinda broke any tension I may have felt. Methinks Dan didn't think this one through enough.

Last edited by Littermate; 12-28-2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: For Clarity and spellinges
Littermate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:31 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littermate View Post
Methinks Dan didn't think this one through enough.
I'm sure he's weeping as he counts all his money... .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #11
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I got the Lost Symbol e-book a while back. I keep trying to read it, but I can't get past the scientist/babe character wondering where the Hell her brother is. Please tell me that at some point, she quits wandering around in a stupor?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:05 PM   #12
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I got the Lost Symbol e-book a while back. I keep trying to read it, but I can't get past the scientist/babe character wondering where the Hell her brother is. Please tell me that at some point, she quits wandering around in a stupor?
I'd tell you, but then I'd have to...well, you know.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:18 PM   #13
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I'd tell you, but then I'd have to...well, you know.
Tell pshrynk?
Old 12-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I didn't get Dan Brown for Christmas. Nobody has ever given me a person before.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:27 PM   #15
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I didn't get Dan Brown for Christmas. Nobody has ever given me a person before.
Don't be pedantic I got Dan Brown's "The Lost Symbol", hardcover..
Did someone condescend to give you a Dan Brown novel JSWolf?