Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Oberon Journal cover - with Kindle 2

I bought an Oberon Journal cover and used it with my Kindle 1 (with the original amazon cover, ripped in half, and some velcro). Well, now I've adapted it to fit the Kindle 2. It's actually a better fit, since it was rather tall for the K1.

If I can get the amazon hinge attached to this leather, I may buy a hinged cover and gut it. But for now:

Two strips of 3/4 inch elastic, 20 inch long, sewn into circles. Position them on K2, and pin in best position. Oh, and then sew in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 19.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	135.7 KB
ID:	24571   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 20.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	24572   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 21.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	24573  

Last edited by badgoodDeb; 02-27-2009 at 04:43 PM.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Then, add sticky velcro to back. Gently press Kindle onto cover. Remove Kindle, and press harder on the velcro.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo 23.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	24574   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 24.jpg
Views:	597
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	24575   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 27.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	24576  
Advert
Old 02-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Add some felt or fleece to front cover. I only had baby blue on hand, but I may get some black to do it properly. Oh, and outside view of cover too, just so you can see the whole of this River Garden design.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	photo 26.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	24577   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 25.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	171.7 KB
ID:	24578  
Old 02-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Why didn't you just get the Oberon with the corner holders?
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:33 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Because when I bought this, last October-ish, that cover was backordered. And this was $6 cheaper (plus I got a blank journal to throw around or do something else with). Oh, and at the time, they weren't doing the cover design that I wanted. *AND*, now that I've paid for this, I hate to buy another at full cost.

So I may buy the amazon K2 cover, rip out the hinge, and see if I can attach it to this!
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Because when I bought this, last October-ish, that cover was backordered. And this was $6 cheaper (plus I got a blank journal to throw around or do something else with). Oh, and at the time, they weren't doing the cover design that I wanted. *AND*, now that I've paid for this, I hate to buy another at full cost.

So I may buy the amazon K2 cover, rip out the hinge, and see if I can attach it to this!
Deb if you're able to put a hinge on it, I'll be interested.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #7
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
It looks like the hinges on the M-edge cover might be easier to remove and glued or sew in the Oberon Journal. It cost the same as the Amazon cover.

Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:11 PM   #8
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Oh -- the not-real-leather one from M-Edge. You're right! Had only been looking at their leather one.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #9
svakanda
Enthusiast
svakanda began at the beginning.

Device: none
very industrious Deb! ilike!
svakanda is offline   Reply With Quote