Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
Mytogen
Mytogen began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800
DR800 and Adobe Digital Editions

I just bought some ebooks in the Adobe Digital Editions PDF format. Since they were pdfs and my DR800 said it had an Adobe Reader registration ID i figured i would be good to go. However whenever i try to start Digital Editions while my DR800 is connected to my PC Digital Editions crashes without explanation. It managed to stay connected long enough to detect and activate my DR800, but I cannot copy any books over. Has anybody had any experience with anything like this?

Thanks in advance,

Nis Haller Baggesen
Mytogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:09 AM   #2
An-Jay
An-Jay began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800s
I had some problems with ADE on the Mac and my DR800 too. It wasn't crashing but ADE didn't recognize the DR800s. For me the solution was FIRST to open ADE and afterwards to connect the DR800s. Maybe it's worth a try...
An-Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2010, 11:00 AM   #3
Mytogen

ADE stayed on slightly longer that way, but still not long enough to transfer a book. But thanks for the advice.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
Franky
Nameless Being

Maybe you try calibre to see if that would see you device.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
Mytogen

Calibre sees my DR800 just fine, but Calibre can't handle the DRM which is on the Adobe Digital PDFs I have At least I don't know how to make it do that.
Advert
Old 10-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I'm not an ADE expert or iRex user, but I think if your device is registered with ADE, you don't need to have ADE connected to the device to transfer the pdf.

You should be able to:

download the book thru ADE
exit ADE
start Calibre
load the PDF into calibre
transfer the book to the device using Calibre

This should work (I think); Calibre can be used to "manage" the book, it just can't modify or view the PDF.

Good luck, and I may be wrong.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:11 PM   #7
bran
Enthusiast
bran began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR800S
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I'm not an ADE expert or iRex user, but I think if your device is registered with ADE, you don't need to have ADE connected to the device to transfer the pdf.

You should be able to:

download the book thru ADE
exit ADE
start Calibre
load the PDF into calibre
transfer the book to the device using Calibre

This should work (I think); Calibre can be used to "manage" the book, it just can't modify or view the PDF.

Good luck, and I may be wrong.
Sounds about right. Maybe creating a subfolde in books called ade and copying downloaded books to that would als work. You would not be running the risk that calibre modifies the pdf/ebub/whatever then.

regards bran
bran is offline   Reply With Quote