Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-21-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Pearls of Wisdom

So I'm thinking we could start a new thread with our favorite "pearls of wisdom".

Here is one of mine................for the ladies.......

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says,
"OH CRAP, SHE'S UP"!

desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 12:42 AM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
So I'm thinking we could start a new thread with our favorite "pearls of wisdom".
"Thinking of"? I think you just did.

Here is mine: For the Gentlemen

Never marry the kind of woman who when her feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CRAP, SHE'S UP!"

Wish I had heeded that pearl of wisdom when I was younger.

Last edited by Donnageddon; 06-22-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2009, 02:25 AM   #3
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

Here is one of mine................for the ladies.......

"Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says,
"OH CRAP, SHE'S UP"!

Oh! I love that one!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:09 AM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
HA! I like those. One of my favorites is especially apropos for forums:

I ka 'olelo no ke ola, i ka 'olelo no ka make.

(missing diacritical marks)

basically, translates to say that in words there is life and in words there is death. I think it's something good to remember, especially in a place where words (and emoticons!) are all we have to convey our message.

Another favorite of mine comes from Dave Barry:

A perfect parent is a person with excellent child-rearing theories and no actual children.

I have used both those "pearls of wisdom" as signatures on message boards over the years (along with "I make milk, what's your superpower" )

Last edited by GraceKrispy; 06-22-2009 at 03:12 AM.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:40 AM   #5
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
"To know all is to forgive all." Madame de Staël
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2009, 05:54 AM   #6
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
"When life gives you lemons - make lemonade!"
"Treat others as you would have them treat you"
"Doesn't cost anything to be nice/polite"
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:23 AM   #7
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
"We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are." -- Anais Nin

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:59 AM   #8
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
"Aim to please, but shoot to kill, 'cause dead men don't sue...." Red
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #9
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
  • "If life gives you lemons, punch life in the face and steal its wallet"
  • "I like caramel"
  • "Love is like a chicken - brown for 2 minutes each side until golden, roast in the oven for 30 minutes at 220C, serve with a green salad"
  • "A place for everything, and everything in its place, so DON'T TOUCH MY STUFF!"
  • "If your invisible friend is more popular than you are, you're a Fool. Fortunately, every Queen needs a Fool"
  • "It's all a rich tapestry"
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:21 AM   #10
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
"Your mileage may vary."
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:23 AM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
  • "I like caramel"
No, no, no. You misquoted me. It's:

I like _cheese_.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #12
tirsales
MIA ... but returning som
tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tirsales ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505 and *Really* not owning a PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
No, no, no. You misquoted me. It's:

I like _cheese_.
You could try caramel with cheese (no, really, I do NOT want a piece of it, have it all!)
  • When in doubt - set something on fire.
  • If life gives you lemons - ask for salt.
  • Stupid is, who stupid does.
  • Lebe jeden Tag als wäre es Absicht (Live each day as if with intent)
  • Und eine Stimme sprach: Lächle und sei froh, denn es könnte schlimmer kommen. Und ich lächelte und war froh und es kam schlimmer. (And a voice said: Smile and be happy, it could get worse. And I smiled and was happy, and it got worse.)
  • A firework is hard work, a short period of nervousness, a very short period of happiness. But then it gets annoying, so lets pretend we are preparing the next one - now we have a happy ending.
tirsales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:42 AM   #13
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Life is like a sewer, you only get out of it what you put in to it."
Old 06-22-2009, 10:44 AM   #14
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Life's too short!!

(realised once you've bought an ereader)
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 10:57 AM   #15
RWood
Technogeezer

• All women are beautiful.
  • Never argue with an idiot.
  • Life is like a box of chocolates.
  • When in authority, delegate.
  • Remember the Alamo.
  • See next T-shirt for message.
  • All you need is love.
  • Pay the laddy at the door.
  • When in doubt, mumble.
  • Love your Mother, respect your Father, salute the flag, and shine your shoes.
  • Never leave home without it.