Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 11-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
sam1am
Enthusiast
sam1am began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Ender in Exile: Anyone reading it?

20 years later, Orson Scott Card has finally released the first direct sequel to Ender's Game (although there have been many more in the series). I just purchased it from the Sony eBookStore and am reading through it.

Anyone else?
sam1am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
It's on my "to read list" along with the rest
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
MdB
Advocate/Initiate
MdB doesn't litterMdB doesn't litter

Device: Undecided
So...how is it thus far?
MdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 05:28 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I have it but I don't think I'll get to it for a while. My reading list is very long.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 02:22 AM   #5
sam1am
Enthusiast
sam1am began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Just finished it and have to say it was excellent. I didn't care for some of the Shadow books, but this one brought back a lot of what I liked from the original series. There were lots of different plot threads and enough action to keep it interesting throughout. Proof to me that Orson Scott Card still has it.

I also loved learning about this part of the story. It was referenced in the other books and I think it really helps round out the whole story for me. It was a story that needed to be told.
sam1am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #6
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
I enjoyed Ender's Game, but thought the remaining books in Ender's Saga were a little weaker. Still enjoyable to read but not as gripping as Ender's Game was. I've found the same with the Shadow Saga too, Ender's Shadow was just as good as Ender's Game, yet the remaining books in the saga haven't been as good. I'll be starting Shadow of the Giant soon, which is the last in the Shadow Saga.

I'll have to get Ender in Exile now

What's the Homecoming series like btw? Seems to have received mixed reviews, so I'm not sure if it's worth buying yet.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:30 PM   #7
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
What's the Homecoming series like btw? Seems to have received mixed reviews, so I'm not sure if it's worth buying yet.
I liked it, but it wasn't epic. It is a Science Fiction story about the results of humanity's attempts to stop its self destructive behavior.

But to warn you. The main part of the story for the first three books is based on a story in the Book of Mormon. So the series may not seem as good if you already know that story.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote