Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-28-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
apropos
apropos began at the beginning.

Device: none
Aldiko

I've worked out a decent enough system to get my ebooks to Aldiko on my android device. I understand Calibre and Aldiko don't run together smoothly (yet?).
My question is: Can Aldiko be set to delete the original ebook file when it imports it into its own file system?

As it is, when I import an ebook, I end up with two copied on my SD card. One where I originally placed it and another where Aldiko organizes it. Then I have to go back and delete the originals. It would be nice to remove this step, as it's a little annoying to have to go back again, but I can't figure it out.
apropos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
BoiseShan
Connoisseur
BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.BoiseShan is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle
Good question. That annoys me, too. I'll be watching this thread.
BoiseShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #3
Duke9700
Duke9700 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage/Galaxy Note Pro 12.2/Galaxy S20
I had also been annoyed by this but just today I seem to have found a way that works for me.

I had tried setting up a catalog in Aldiko but could never connect. I had the same problem many here have posted about - it kept prompting me for my username and password over and over.

I tried setting up the url as http://calibre_server_ip:8080 as well as tried the suggestions of adding /stanza and /odps at the end with no luck.

I have finally gotten it to work by using the basic url http://calibre_server_ip:8080 but I changed my calibre server settings so there isn't a username and password.

It now connects like a charm. I have been able to grab books in Aldiko just as easily as I could in Stanza on my iPhone - and with just one copy on the Droid.

Not having a username/PW isn't ideal but in the meantime it works.

Last edited by Duke9700; 03-04-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Duke9700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
Dava
Enthusiast
Dava began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy I5700 Spica, Kindle 3
The Adliko can be smoothly connected to Adobe Digital Editions. If so the book only ends up as one copy on your SD-card and the DRM are unharmed!

On the other hand, the Ebooks aren't big enough to bother me when they keep dubble the space needed.
Dava is offline   Reply With Quote