Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #31
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
That's just crazy. I have 54 books, and am working my way through the last 10 that I've downloaded. I don't have that kind of money to waste. If I buy it, I'm going to read it. So to put it succinctly, I pretty much don't have a TBR list.
I look on my TBR list like I do my kitchen pantry. If, I know that I am gong to eat it (and it's on sale or free), I buy it. It goes in my pantry and when I am hungry, I look through the pantry for what I want. It's not going to spoil, and I save money in the long run, plus I always have a variety available.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:27 PM   #32
CFarrell
CFarrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CFarrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CFarrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CFarrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CFarrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CFarrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CFarrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CFarrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CFarrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CFarrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CFarrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
I've found myself turning into a bit of an indie collector. I have about 100 paperbacks to get through but my ebook list is growing constantly. I can't help myself...
CFarrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #33
dreamsgate
Connoisseur
dreamsgate doesn't litterdreamsgate doesn't litter

Device: kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I look on my TBR list like I do my kitchen pantry. If, I know that I am gong to eat it (and it's on sale or free), I buy it. It goes in my pantry and when I am hungry, I look through the pantry for what I want. It's not going to spoil, and I save money in the long run, plus I always have a variety available.
That would be how my TBR list got so big. I am a big sucker for 1.99 books and less. It isn't a lot of money at any one time and I know the price might go up later. As for free books, those seem to disappear as fast as they appear, so I grab them promptly.

In fact my list seems to have grown by about 22 titles just since I started this thread.
dreamsgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:58 AM   #34
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Maybe I should make a TBR list... Problem is, I can never decide what book to read next!

I want to read that book, oh wait, that book is fun too, but that other book I've not read before...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:39 AM   #35
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Of course, it's not how big it is, it's how you use it that's important
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 05:46 AM   #36
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Seeing TBR in every other post here I had to look it up. TBR = "To be read"
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:17 AM   #37
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I'm not a collector or a list-maker, so I don't have a TBR list as such. I usually have 2-3 books purchased and not yet read, but I found out a long time ago that if I buy too many books at the same time and wait too long to read them, I lose interest in the meantime and there is a risk that I never read them at all.

Free public domain books are different, sometimes I can download them with no immediate intent to read them. There is also a much lower probability that I will actually read them one day. Some I download and start reading immediately (even though I have several purchased books not yet read). Others I download because I think I'll read them some day. Others are just nice to have around in case I ever I decide I want to read them. I don't especially keep track of them, and I don't think I have that many anyway, a few dozens maybe.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:38 AM   #38
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
I try not to buy any books unless there's a very high probability I'm going to read them. Else it's just waste of money, and my actual TBR list is rather short. On the other hand, I tend to collect anything I am interested in and can get for free, and save them just in case - but I don't add them to calibre until I am actually going to read them. Keeps the 'mess' down a bit.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #39
wallflower75
Groupie
wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallflower75 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage/iPhone 6 Plus/iPad mini
*gulp* Four hundred? Four THOUSAND?!?!

Makes my 70 unread books look downright puny.
wallflower75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:16 AM   #40
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Not big, I like reading the books I have so I only get a few at a time, read them and then look for more.
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #41
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
329 as of right now
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #42
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I don't download books, even if they're free, if I'm not interested in the subject - such a fantasy, erotica etc, and I always read as much about the book as I can to see if I might be interested... The same thing for paid ebooks.

My TBR list is long, due to MobileRead libary, which has a lot of 'I must read' books.

I have about 50 books on my kindle, I want to read, but haven't got to, yet.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:24 AM   #43
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Too many to count but at least a decade's worth of reading if I stopped acquiring ebooks today.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #44
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
I probably have a good five year's worth of reading saved up.

I worry that my local librarians will fear something has befallen me.
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:53 AM   #45
.rob.
gatherer of werdz
.rob. began at the beginning.

Device: jetBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
Some 4,000 on my SD card in the reader, hope to get to each of them someday.
4K? Nice! I'm about to break the thousand mark.. about a third of those are reference, a third fiction and non-, and a good third fantasy.

What good 'free' file sites do you use? I've been to feedbooks and gutenberg lot, but have been using 4shared to get the non-public domain titles w/o drm (curse you DRM!!!). Any other suggestions?
.rob. is offline   Reply With Quote