Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Netronix

Notices

Old 05-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Internals & serial port

Ondřej, our (OpenInkpot) GSoC studend did photos of internals of his Cybook and discovered the serial port:

http://openinkpot.org/wiki/CybookGen3

As STAReBOOK seems to have the same or similar hardware, I hope this helps.

P.S.: please confirm is STAReBOOK hardware the same - it should be obvious after comparing the internals of reader.
dottedmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
Ondřej, our (OpenInkpot) GSoC studend did photos of internals of his Cybook and discovered the serial port:

http://openinkpot.org/wiki/CybookGen3

As STAReBOOK seems to have the same or similar hardware, I hope this helps.

P.S.: please confirm is STAReBOOK hardware the same - it should be obvious after comparing the internals of reader.
I'm considering doing so. I've already removed the rubber plugs from the back panel. Trying now to figure out how to not lose the buttons from the sides when I remove the back. I think if I tape them to the front panel...

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert