Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-06-2008, 07:52 AM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Elantris by Brandon Sanderson

Hi everyone...

I just finished reading "Elantris" by Brandon Sanderson and I must say that it was a great story! I only picked up the book because I wanted to see what kind of author is going to complete the Wheel of Time series...
I must admit that I'm still not sure whether Mr. Sanderson can finish the Series adequately, it's rather complex after all, but I'm pretty sure that Volume 12 will be good book.

"Elantris" is a very compelling story, and I practically could not put the book down. It has been quite some time since I last devoured a book like I did this one.
Unfortunatley I have (once again) been unable to find this book (or any of sadnerson's books apart from a free sample) as ebooks, so if you want to read this (and I really suggest you do so if you like fantasy books) then you'll either have to buy the paper book or visit the darknet...or both...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:30 AM   #2
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
I just finished reading "Elantris" by Brandon Sanderson and I must say that it was a great story! I only picked up the book because I wanted to see what kind of author is going to complete the Wheel of Time series...
I must admit that I'm still not sure whether Mr. Sanderson can finish the Series adequately, it's rather complex after all, but I'm pretty sure that Volume 12 will be good book.
Jordan left behind an outline and comprehensive notes on what he intended for the last book. He knew there was a good chance he would not live to complete it. And his wife, who was also his editor, will be editing book 12 too. She was the one who selected Sanderson as the one to complete the series, so it's obvious she thinks he can, and will no doubt provide careful guidance.

Jordan had completed some work on it. The challenge will be whether you can tell where Jordan left off and Sanderson began. If you can't, call it a success.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR View Post
Hi everyone...

"Elantris" is a very compelling story, and I practically could not put the book down. It has been quite some time since I last devoured a book like I did this one.
Unfortunatley I have (once again) been unable to find this book (or any of sadnerson's books apart from a free sample) as ebooks, so if you want to read this (and I really suggest you do so if you like fantasy books) then you'll either have to buy the paper book or visit the darknet...or both...
I have just posted Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson. It's set in the Eleantris universe but is sead to be stand alone. It's due out in 2009 sometime. I cannot ay he won't revise it between now and then, but there it is... in LRF, IMP, and PRC. Go for it!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote