Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 05-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
Steven630
Groupie
Steven630 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite2
Could not fetch article.

Sometimes when I tried to download The Economist using the default recipe, some of the articles couldn't be fetched. The result is a couple of articles missing from the output. I would have to download it again to make up for the missing few.

By looking at the log, I could see words like:

Failed to download the following articles:
American property:The great realtor rip-off from Finance and economics
http://www.economist.com/node/21554204/print
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\threadpool.py", line 95, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\news.py", line 986, in fetch_article
File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\news.py", line 981, in _fetch_article
Exception: Could not fetch article. The debug traceback is available earlier in this log

---------------

It might be due to my Internet connection. (Sometimes, it just takes quite long to open a link). But isn't there any way to download again the failed links before outputting so that I won't have to download the entire issue again?
Steven630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, I'm afraid the recipe system does not have the ability to "retry' failed downloads.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
Steven630
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No, I'm afraid the recipe system does not have the ability to "retry' failed downloads.
Thank you for your reply! Would it be possible, then, for the recipe to "be more patient"(say, by allowing more time to connect) before deciding that it has failed to fetch the article?
Old 05-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You'd have to edit the calibre source code to do that, it cannot be controlled from the recipe.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:00 AM   #5
Steven630
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You'd have to edit the calibre source code to do that, it cannot be controlled from the recipe.
Speaking of which, would the Calibre team consider allowing retry before the recipe outputs its download? (as an update within the software itself)
Advert