Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-08-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
tomtompkins
tomtompkins began at the beginning.

Device: Asus eee Slider Sl101
Calibre Job- "Get list of books on device" progress stuck at 26%. Wont let me cancel.

I just finished importing my library to Calibre and after connecting my Asus SL101 tablet, the progress on the Job ran very slowly and then got stuck at 26%. I would try a few troubleshooting options to fix it, but I cant stop the process or change my preferences or safely disconnect my tablet.

This is the error I get when trying to stop the job.
calibre, version 0.9.34
ERROR: Cannot kill job: Cannot kill jobs that communicate with the device

This is the message I get when I try to close the program.
Active jobs: Calibre is communicating with the device! Quitting may cause corruption on the device. Are you sure you want to quit?

I'm not sure how much risk there is of actually corrupting a file on my tablet so I haven't tried that yet, but it seems to be the best option at this point.

Any one with any suggestions would be much appreciated.
tomtompkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I have had this happen and just eject the device using the operating system. Then I unplug the device.

No major problems.

If you haven't done it, you could first check the job que and see if there is a coonversion holding up the process and terminate that jonb. (click on little whirring icon in lower right corner to see que)

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
tomtompkins
tomtompkins began at the beginning.

Device: Asus eee Slider Sl101
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I have had this happen and just eject the device using the operating system. Then I unplug the device.

No major problems.

If you haven't done it, you could first check the job que and see if there is a coonversion holding up the process and terminate that jonb. (click on little whirring icon in lower right corner to see que)

Helen
Well thats good to know. It started processing a bunch of .cbz files I had, and basically ground to a halt. Its been running for over three hours and has since gone up to 30%. I think I'll take my chances disconnecting it. Thanks for your help!
tomtompkins is offline   Reply With Quote