Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #1
chaesman
chaesman began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
confused on how to update Pocket Edge

New to pocket edge

first thanks to those who assisted with helping me to get it to charge and power on.

now on to the next task

Have read through the upgrade threads and it is a bit greek to me.

here is current configuration information

Model number - edgejr
firmware version 1.6
kernal version - 2.6.29
build number - dingo 1.13

so if some one could please walk me step by step with what to download and how to update this pocket edge to the most current fully functioning software available it would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Jon
chaesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #2
Edward_R
Zealot
Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Edward_R ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Pacific Northwest (about 35 miles northeast of Seattle)
Device: K3 / HP 10" Tablet (FBreader Installed)
Read this post, it describes the various firmware configs out there. The most important thing I can tell you is to be very sure that you d/l the firmware update for the PE. You'll have to search this forum very carefully to find out if anybody is still hosting the firmware. The closest you'll get to current is Android 2.2.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170249
Edward_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert