Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-20-2011, 04:32 AM   #1
Fuzzyluzzi
Fuzzyluzzi began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Epub series in Title problem

I am attempting to add lots of Dr. Who books to my Nook. I setup a plugboard {#mainseries}/Dr {#dr} - {series}{series_index:0>3s} {#seriesx}{#seriesx_index} - {title} that would put the Dr # first, then the series, however, when I upload any Epubs, it puts the series in front of the title, then loads the plugboard. Is there a way of stopping it from doing this annoying behavior?
Fuzzyluzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:50 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Can you give examples of what you're actually getting as title?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2011, 04:55 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzyluzzi View Post
Is there a way of stopping it from doing this annoying behavior?
The simple answer is to stop giving it instructions to produce that annoying behavior.

You're going to have to be more specific so when someone shows up with the skills they can help you.
  • What exactly are in those custom columns?
  • What exactly are you expecting to see and what exactly are you seeing?
  • Is this template entered under a save template for Send to device or as a Source template in a metadata plugboard? If the latter what format, device and destination field are you entering?
You might want to examine and this sticky post and this section of the User manual while you wait for assistance.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:35 AM   #4
Fuzzyluzzi
Fuzzyluzzi began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Yes I'm using a few custom columns, but pretty sure they are coded correctly. The only one that is repeating is Calibre's series, and only on EPUB format when reading the title on my Nook classic.

Send to Device
Code:
{#mainseries}/{series}{series_index:0>3s} {title} - {authors}
Any Format -> Any Device --> Title
Code:
{#mainseries}/Dr {#dr} - {series}{series_index:0>3s} - {#seriesx}{#seriesx_index} - {title}
Expected Output to Nook
Dr Who/Dr 1 - Episode 1 - and the Unearthly Child
Dr Who/Dr 6 - Episode 143 - Trial 1 - Mysterious Planet

Title I'm getting on Nook
Episode 1- Dr Who/Dr 1 - Episode 1 - and the Unearthly Child
Episode 143- Dr Who/Dr 6 - Episode 143 - Trial 1 - Mysterious Planet
Fuzzyluzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I don't think the forward-slash makes any sense in your Metadata Plugboard expression as it is referring to directory creation and filenames.

What happens if you change the Plugboard expression to
Code:
Dr Who {#dr} - {series}{series_index:0>3s} - {#seriesx}{#seriesx_index} - {title}
For the Send-to-device expression have you double-checked what's actually in the #mainseries custom column, by displaying the column in your main library window?

By the way, I don't have a Nook so please feel free to ignore me

Last edited by jackie_w; 03-20-2011 at 12:25 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, epub, plugboard, series