Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #3331
Estrecca
Estrecca began at the beginning.

Device: Cyberbook E-touch
*sigh*

So I've dun goofed, as Internet memes have it.

I've been working with an old version of calibre (1.22) and an equally old version of the plugin, mostly because newer versions don't seem to much like my old XP Professional OS (which I can't upgrade for reasons).

Now, however, I've kind of accidentally updated the plugin to the latest version, which seems to have screwed things up. Attempting to access plugin configuration gives me an error message along the lines of "a float is required" and attempting to grab stuff from Mediaminer yields another error with details as follow:

calibre 1.22 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', 'XP', '5.1.2600')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('XP', '5.1.2600', 'SP3', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.dialo gs", line 610, in do_loop
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf3 in position 77: invalid continuation byte

Anyone willing/able to help me with this?
Old 09-17-2014, 07:10 PM   #3332
turtle7761
turtle7761 began at the beginning.

Device: none
squidge.org/peja

Almost perfect! The reason for the almost is the fact that it shows each story as being one off in numbering. Like the first story is #2, etc. But I can so live with that.

I was pretty sure it was their fault because it's never happened before but thanks for the quick help.

Last edited by turtle7761; 09-17-2014 at 07:12 PM. Reason: added title
Advert
Old 09-17-2014, 08:37 PM   #3333
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
squidge.org/peja

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle7761 View Post
Almost perfect! The reason for the almost is the fact that it shows each story as being one off in numbering. Like the first story is #2, etc. But I can so live with that.

I was pretty sure it was their fault because it's never happened before but thanks for the quick help.
Try this version. I think it fixes that issue.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 09-19-2014 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 09-17-2014, 10:37 PM   #3334
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
Attempting to access plugin configuration gives me an error message along the lines of "a float is required" and attempting to grab stuff from Mediaminer yields another error with details as follow:
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf3 in position 77: invalid continuation byte

Anyone willing/able to help me with this?
If you give me a debug output showing the "float is required" error I might have guess. But my first impulse to say to at least update to calibre 1.48 even if you can't go to 2.X.

As for the Mediaminer error, as I recall that site is rife with mis-encoded text. If you post the story URL, I'll look at it.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:17 AM   #3335
Estrecca
Estrecca began at the beginning.

Device: Cyberbook E-touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
If you give me a debug output showing the "float is required" error I might have guess. But my first impulse to say to at least update to calibre 1.48 even if you can't go to 2.X.
I am guessing this is what you mean?

calibre 1.48 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Python 2.7.5
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 152, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.__ini t__", line 83, in config_widget
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.confi g", line 200, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.confi g", line 780, in __init__
TypeError: a float is required
Advert
Old 09-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #3336
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrecca View Post
I am guessing this is what you mean?

calibre 1.48 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Python 2.7.5
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 152, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.__ini t__", line 83, in config_widget
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.confi g", line 200, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.fanfictiondownloader_plugin.confi g", line 780, in __init__
TypeError: a float is required
It is, but it doesn't help any.

There's nothing in the code near there that uses a float. It's all setting up the FFDL Generate Cover config tab--all strings and booleans.

I went back and installed calibre 1.22. While it did screw up my calibre settings requiring me to restore them from backup, it did not give the error you're reporting.

I suggest updating calibre to 1.48 and reinstalling the latest FFDL again.

If you want, I can give you a copy of FFDL from the same time period as calibre 1.22, but I won't support it. PM your email address if you want that.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:31 AM   #3337
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Is there a way to get the fandoms in the following order:

Main Fandom (the fandom you've chosen on the site), Crossovers

The Crossovers can be sorted alphabetical.

Edit:

Also, how do I get the extra-tags in the column I've made for it?

They always show up in the tags?

Last edited by Tanjamuse; 09-19-2014 at 02:03 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:13 AM   #3338
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Is there a way to get the fandoms in the following order:

Main Fandom (the fandom you've chosen on the site), Crossovers

The Crossovers can be sorted alphabetical.
Not exactly. You can tell FFDL to keep the category (or fandom) list in the same order as the site shows it, but that's it.

Code:
keep_in_order_category:true
# or 
keep_in_order_fandom:true
Quote:
Edit:

Also, how do I get the extra-tags in the column I've made for it?

They always show up in the tags?
The extratags parameter is exactly that: someplace to put a few extra tags that you want added. The extratags feature predates the features for setting custom columns--it may predate the calibre plugin version entirely.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:22 PM   #3339
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Then why can I choose the "extra tags" in a custom column setting?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skærmbillede 2014-09-19 18.21.44.png
Views:	308
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	128564  
Old 09-19-2014, 12:55 PM   #3340
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Then why can I choose the "extra tags" in a custom column setting?
My first impulse to say that's a bug and remove 'Extra Tags' from the list.

However, there are some internal indications that at one time that may have worked. So here's a version that includes 'extratags' as a valid metadata item.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 09-23-2014 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 09-19-2014, 01:08 PM   #3341
Tanjamuse
Wizard

Thanks, that works like a charm
Old 09-19-2014, 01:23 PM   #3342
turtle7761
turtle7761 began at the beginning.

Talking squidge/peja

That did it. Now it's absolutely perfect... at least until someone screws with some site again and breaks it. Thanks for such an awesome plug-in.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:52 PM   #3343
Nobody_important
Nobody_important began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
StoriesOnline downloader seems to be having issues. The series/universe info is getting put into the comments field, and the comments aren't getting added anymore.

Last edited by Nobody_important; 09-21-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:04 AM   #3344
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody_important View Post
StoriesOnline downloader seems to be having issues. The series/universe info is getting put into the comments field, and the comments aren't getting added anymore.
The site probably changed. Or you changed the 'skin' you use to view the site.

I'll look at it, but it probably won't be for a couple days.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:58 PM   #3345
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody_important View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
The site probably changed. Or you changed the 'skin' you use to view the site.

I'll look at it, but it probably won't be for a couple days.
I don't know how I missed the report yesterday. I'll have a look tonight.
Closed Thread