Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2009, 12:03 PM   #1
Waterdog
Waterdog began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
highlights export with file?

I know there has been some talk about exporting the annotations from the reader to the computer. But, since the 505 is vastly superior visually, here is my question, can I use the 700 to highlight a book, and then read that book with the highlighting on a 505? Best of both worlds?

Paul
Waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
well you should be able to annotate using the sony ebook library and then see if it syncs to your 505. try it out and report back.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
well you should be able to annotate using the sony ebook library and then see if it syncs to your 505. try it out and report back.
I just tested this out. I'm able to highlight and add annotations in the eBook Library but no highlighting shows up after transferring to the PRS-505.

*edit* I did not use the sync function to test this out, just the drag to device method.

WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 06-07-2009 at 01:06 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #4
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I just tested this out. I'm able to highlight and add annotations in the eBook Library but no highlighting shows up after transferring to the PRS-505.

*edit* I did not use the sync function to test this out, just the drag to device method.

WDE.
I think you do need to use the Sync.

you can sync only 1 book rather easily by putting the 1 book in a collection.

then in the sync menu on the reader when you have it plugged in, sync only that collection.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote