Notices

Old 07-24-2009, 04:28 PM   #16
bxrLvr
Connoisseur
bxrLvr doesn't litterbxrLvr doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Ryan View Post
This has been covered extensively in the past.

Unless the Amazon engineers made a recent blunder - With WAN off, there should be little noticeable battery consumption difference between sleep and off. No additional power is consumed by the display system after a so-called "screensaver" is drawn.

At an abstract level - when WAN is off the on to off switch is simply a command to make the screen white and then take the system into a low power mode, instead of letting some time pass until the screensaver is drawn and the system automatically goes into the same low power state as "off".
I have noticed a major difference between turning off and sleep mode. I always keep WAN off.. probably havn't turned it on in over a month. I get two more weeks out of it if I leave it off. Then again, I probably only use it no more than 2 hours a day, so not sure if that has anything to do with it...
bxrLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #17
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
understood, but you get what I mean, yes?
Gottcha!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #18
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxrLvr View Post
I have noticed a major difference between turning off and sleep mode. I always keep WAN off.. probably havn't turned it on in over a month. I get two more weeks out of it if I leave it off. Then again, I probably only use it no more than 2 hours a day, so not sure if that has anything to do with it...
I kinda think that went without speaking for most of us that were responding.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:48 PM   #19
Studio717
Addict
Studio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enoughStudio717 will become famous soon enough

Device: Various Kindles, iPhone, iPad, Galaxy 10.1
Did anyone definitively discover if the SD card on the K1 drains the battery faster? I use the SD heavily on my K1 and I do have to recharge quite often. I usually keep the Whispernet off, but I have been known to forget.

My DX seems to last a lot longer on a charge, but I read more on my K1, I think, so it's not a good comparison.
Studio717 is offline   Reply With Quote